Honeywell L5100 Garage Door Control
Step-By-Step How to learn the 5877 relay board into the L5100 for Garage Door control
The L5100 (Rev 6+) provides the ability to add Garage Door Control on 3 zones (46, 47, and 48) via 5877 Relay modules. This provides Open/Close control from the panel or from Total Connect20 in conjunction with Garage door Status Monitoring and/or Intrusion Detection. The first step in this process is to program in the transmitters used to detect the status of the Garage Door, ie: 5816, 5822T, etc. See Step-by-Step entitled “Garage Door Zone Programming” for assistance with this step.
Learning in the 5877 into the L5100 (Must be done locally, it cannot be done
through compass) Note: Ensure that the 5877 Relay Receiver is in close proximity to the L5100 while it is being enrolled. After the device has been enrolled it can be mounted in its permanent position but should be tested to make sure that it receives the Relay control signals from the L5100 1. Verify a Garage door Zone is programmed in either zone 46, 47, or 48. 2. At the Dashboard screen select the “Automation” icon.
3. Press the down arrow on the right side of the “Automation Screen”, then press the “Garage Door Setup” icon.
4. Select the Garage door, to be enrolled, from the displayed list. The Garage Door Icon will show if the Garage Zone has been programmed: Garage Door 1 = Zn 46 Garage Door 2 = Zn 47 Garage Door 3 = Zn 48
5. Press “Assign device”.
6. The control advances to the Garage Door operation screen. Press “Enter Serial Number”; enter the 7-digit serial number associated with the 5877 Relay that will control this Garage Door. - If the 5877 being used does not have a serial number you can create one to associate the 5877 relay module. The Serial Number must be a total of seven digits in length, example 1122334. - Next press “Done”.
7. Next we Learn that Serial number into the 5877. - At the 5877 press the Program button, then press the “Learn” button on the L5100. - Listen for a click at the relay to confirm the 5877 has learned the Serial number from the L5100.
8. Select the “” button to return to the Automation screen. Now the 5877 is learned in and you can mount the device near the garage door control. 9. Test the 5877 for proper operation after mounting. From the home screen press “Automation”, next press “Garages” and select the Garage Door you want to test, next press the “Press to open” icon from the Garage Door Operations page. The Relay should throw and operate the door.
Step-By-Step Related Step-by-Steps Available:
• • Garage Door Zone Programming Garage Door Relay Auto Close Setup