The Alarm.com ADC-SEM210-PS-TL is a dual-path communicator that connects a DSC PowerSeries Alarm System with the Alarm.com service. Telus is a provider of cellular service in Canada, so only customers located in Canada should purchase this device.
When choosing a monitoring plan for use with the Alarm.com ADC-SEM210-PS-TL, be sure to select one that includes cellular service. The Ethernet path for this communicator is optional, but the cellular path is required in order to register the system with Alarm.com. For Alarm Grid customers, the Gold or Platinum (Self or Full) plans are compatible. If a customer only requires central station monitoring, without any remote control or automation features, the the Cellular Alarm Monitoring Plan can be selected.
Dual-path monitoring is always recommended for an alarm system. The use of both available paths provides the speed of Ethernet communication combined with the reliability of LTE Cellular. Alarm.com communicators send every alarm signal using all available paths. The signal received by the Alarm.com server first is processed and sent on to the monitoring station and/or as a notification to the end-user. In this way, Alarm.com ensures that each individual signal is transmitted using the fastest available communication path. Cellular networks, by necessity, have lots of redundancy built-in to cover events, such as widespread power outages. Internet communication is vulnerable to these types of events, so by using cellular the alarm system is almost never without the ability to communicate.
The DSC PowerSeries panels include the PC1616, the PC1832,and the PC1864 version 4.2 or higher. Without an Alarm.com communicator, these panels cannot support the integration of Z-Wave devices. The ADC-SEM210-PS-TL has a Z-Wave Plus controller built in. This allows the panel to integrate with automation devices, and when a plan is selected that includes remote control and automation, the user can create scenes and rules to automate these devices. For example, you can set up a scene that tells a Z-Wave thermostat to switch to an energy-saving setting once the alarm system is armed to the Away mode. You can also use geo-fencing, based on the location of your smartphone, or scheduling to automate devices. In addition to Z-Wave, Alarm.com supports many other third-party automations, such as Nest Thermostat, Ecobee Thermostat, LiftMaster Garage Doors, Sonos Whole Home Music Systems, and others, with new integrations being added all the time.
For customers in the USA, we offer this product in a Verizon and an AT&T version:
- Compatibility: DSC PowerSeries PC1616, POC1832, and PC1864 Version 4.2+
- Power Requirements: 13.6V Nominal, 210 mA Continuous, 320 mA Maximum
- Cellular Network: Telus Dual-Band 4G LTE
- Panel Interfaces: Three keypad bus connections, 12V power and ground to panel battery
- Alarm.com Module Indicators: One module/panel communication status LED, One module power LED, One automation LED, Three wireless communication status LEDs
- SEM Circuit Board Indicators: One LAN LED, One processor LED, One COMM Fail LED
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.4 MHz
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 120°F (0 to 49°C)
- Storage Temperature: -30 to 140°F (-34 to 60°C)
- Humidity: 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Enclosure Dimensions (L x W x D): 7.5" x 4.25" x 1.5” (19.05cm x 11.43cm x 3.81cm)
- Enclosure Color: White
- Case Material: High-impact, ABS plastic