Honeywell FG1625R Data Sheet
The new FG-1625R Glassbreak Detector uses the latest technology to provide faster response and increased false alarm immunity. The FG-1625R is specifically designed to allow fast,
easy installation, while the adjustable sensitivity settings can compensate for the acoustics of any room. Optimum operation can be quickly verified using the FG-701 Glassbreak Simulator.
• FlexCore™ Signal Processor The FlexCore Signal Processor is an Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), which processes sound data in parallel rather than sequentially for faster, more accurate detection decisions. The combination of proven FlexGuard performance with the
• Selectable Sensitivity Two dip switches on the FG-1625R make it easy to set the sensitivity to match the acoustics of room. Four different sensitivity levels are available, ranging from very low to high. The range can then be verified remotely with the FlexGuard FG-701 Glassbreak Simulator. • Mount the Detector Anywhere Mounts on any wall, in the window frame, or on the ceiling, with no minimum range and a maximum range of 25’ (7.6m) to the glass. • Covers All Glass Types The FG-1625R works on all glass types, including plate, tempered, laminated, wired, film-coated, sealed insulating glass.
• Multiple Domain Signal Analysis The FG-1625R performs Multiple Domain Signal Analysis in which time, frequency and amplitude characteristics are evaluated for signal qualification. This enables the detector to accurately discriminate false alarms from true glassbreak events. • Enclosed PC Board The PCB is protected from potential damage during installation. • Patented Remote Test Mode The Patented Remote Test Mode can enable or disable the indicator LEDs remotely using the FG-701 Glassbreak Simulator. The detector automatically resets from Test Mode in five minutes. • Mounting Locations The FG-1625R can be mounted on the ceiling, opposite wall, adjoining wall, or the same wall as the glass.
speed of FlexCore processing provides unmatched false alarm immunity without compromising detection. • Easy Installation and Setup Honeywell’s patented technology allows remote activation of Test Mode (with simulator). The FG-1625R has a centered wire entry hole, 45º terminal blocks and EOL terminals. A hand-clap feature verifies the detector is functioning.
• Physical Dimensions White high impact ABS plastic housing 4 1/4" D x 7/8" (11mm x 2.2cm) • Weight Product Only: 4.5 oz (128 g) Pkgd Product: 7.5 oz (215 g) • Range 25' (7.6m) maximum, omni-directional Range is adjustable; no minimum range • Alarm Relay FG-1625R: Form A, 125 mA max, 25 VDC max FG-1625RT: Form C, 125 mA max, 25 VDC max • Tamper Switch (FG-1625RT only) Combination cover/wall tamper 25mA max, 24VDC max • Alarm Duration Five seconds (unaffected by alarm LED latching) • ESD Immunity 10kV discharges of either polarity to exposed surfaces • Power Requirements 6 - 18VDC, 12 mA typical at 12VDC; 22mA max (Latched LED) AC ripple: 4V peak-to-peak at nominal 12VDC • RFI Immunity 30V/m, 10 MHz - 1000 MHz • Operating Temperature 14º to 122º F (-10º to 50º C) • Storage -4º to 122º F (-20º to 50º C) • Approvals and Listings – FCC and IC verified – CE – C-Tick – UL Listed – ULC Listed • Glass Type/Thickness
Type* Plate 3a Tempered Laminated 1 Wired Coated 2, 3b Sealed Insulating 1,3b Minimum 2.4mm (3/32") 3mm (1/8") 3mm (1/8") 6mm (1/4") 3mm (1/8") 3mm (1/8") Maximum 10mm (3/8") 10mm (3/8") 14mm (9/16") 6mm (1/4") 6.4mm (1/4") 6mm (1/4")
2. Coated glass with security films, including films for solar protection, up to 12 mil. thick may be used. Film Technologies International, Inc.’s GLASS-GARD® GGLL 1200 has been evaluated with this product by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. 3. In compliance with Underwriters Laboratories of Canada’s Standard for Intrusion Detection Units (CAN/ULC-S306-M89): a. Plate glass 3mm to 10mm can be used. b. ULC recognizes a maximum range for protecting sealed insulated glass and coated glass of 12.5 ft. (3.8m).
Note: The FG-1625R/1625RT detects shattering of framed glass by direct impact. It may not consistently detect breakage by blows that only crack the glass, by high velocity projectiles such as bullets or glass broken without an impact.
Maximum overall 7/16"
* Minimum size for all types is 28cm (11") square; glass must be framed in the wall or mounted in a barrier at least 0.9m (36") wide. 1. Protected only if both plates of the unit are broken.
• FlexGuard® Glassbreak Simulator/Tester The sound of breaking glass is digitally simulated by the FG-701. The FG-701 is compatible for testing all Honeywell glassbreak detectors. Honeywell highly recommends testing glassbreak detectors before final installation.
FG-701 P/N 0-000-701-0 Glassbreak Simulator
FG-1625R/1625RT Glassbreak Detector Round Case (FG1625RT with Tamper)
Automation and Control Solutions Honeywell Security & Communications 2 Corporate Center Dr. Suite 100 P.O. Box 9040 Melville, NY 11747 www.honeywell.com
L/FG1625R/D September 2008 © 2008 Honeywell International Inc.