Honeywell Lyric Voice Command Supplement Guide
Voice Command Supplement
Lyric’s Voice Command offers control of selected functions by
speaking simple phrases. A user-selected trigger phrase spoken
near the Smart Controller alerts the system to listen for further
Voice Commands can be used to:
• Trigger Smart Scenes
• Launch the Video function to monitor the system’s Wi-Fi
When the feature is enabled, Lyric always listens for a
trigger phrase. After the trigger phrase is spoken,
the system confirms verbally (if the response is
enabled). The system then awaits a command
Lyric is designed to interpret a wide range of voices,
accents, and speech rhythms.
Lyric responds to three available trigger phrases and
six pre-defined command phrases. One of the trigger
phrases must be selected by the user.
Smart Scenes must be programmed for voice control
of Z-Wave devices and security functions to work.
Smart Scenes can be programmed for activation by
command phrases at the controller and via Total
Connect (if subscribed).
Voice control uses six pre-defined Command Phrases. Five of
these phrases can be assigned to trigger existing Smart Scenes.
(The Smart Controller’s User Guide includes more information
on Smart Scenes.)
The phrase “Cameras” launches Lyric’s Video function; this
phrase cannot be reassigned.
• Voice commands cannot be used to disarm the system or
• Verbal responses from the system are available in English
• The Lyric controller is designed to hear trigger phrases
and commands phrases spoken in a normal voice from
about 10 feet away. Above-average ambient noise levels
may reduce Lyric’s ability to recognize voice commands.
Users may need to speak more loudly or move closer to
the controller in noisy environments.
1. On the Home screen, tap Security.
2. On the Security screen, press Tools.
3. Enter the Master User code. The Master User screen appears.
– 2 –
4. Tap Voice Command. The Voice Setup screen appears.
This screen offers training options, logs of voice control events,
records of system performance, and a variety of settings.
Descriptions can be found on the following pages.
See Required Setup on page 5 for essential settings.
– 3 –
These icons appear at the top of the Voice Setup screen:
Helps the system familiarize itself with users’
speech. You will be asked to speak trigger
and command phrases separately and in
Plays a short video presentation on the
operation of this feature.
Assign Lyric’s pre-defined command phrases
to existing Smart Scenes. See Command
Phrase Assignment under Required Setup
on page 5.
Displays a record of detected voice
commands including date and time.
Displays a summary of the system’s
performance in interpreting spoken
commands. See the Counter section on
These controls appear at bottom left:
Enables and disables the voice command
Turns verbal confirmations on or off.
Choose one of the three trigger phrases to
alert Lyric to expect a command phrase.
See Trigger Phrase Selection under
Required Setup on page 5.
These controls appear at bottom right:
These sliders set how well Lyric responds to
voice commands and trigger phrases in
various noise environments.
This slider changes the volume of verbal and
‘beep’ confirmations independent of other
system volume settings.
– 4 –
Trigger Phrase Selection
At bottom left on the Voice Setup screen, tap one of the three
pre-defined trigger phrases. The selected phrase is marked
Command Phrase Assignment
To set a command phrase to trigger an existing Smart Scene,
follow these steps:
1. On the Voice Setup screen, tap Voice Control. The assignable
command phrases are displayed.
Leaving the House
The command phrase “Cameras” is dedicated to the Video
function and is not listed for assignment to a Smart Scene.
2. Tap one of the commands and press Select at bottom right. A
list of Smart Scenes appears.
3. Select the Smart Scene to be triggered by the command
phrase and press Save.
4. The list of command phrases appears, showing the associated
Foyer Lts ON
5. Press to return to the Voice Setup screen.
6. Press to return to the Master User screen OR press the
button below the touch screen to return to the Home screen.
– 5 –
This screen summarizes the interpretation of trigger and
command phrases heard by the system. Some of the
adjustments described below may be necessary.
In the Assigned column at left, trigger and command phrases
Displays the number of times a trigger or
command has been heard by the controller.
The user-set level of sensitivity to spoken trigger
and command phrases.
Represents the accuracy with which Lyric has
interpreted your last 10 voice commands. These
figures are based on internal diagnostics.
Accuracy values range from 1-2000.
Resets the Count and Last 10 Accuracy values
for a single trigger or command phrase.
At bottom right resets the Count and Last 10
Accuracy values for all trigger and command
– 6 –
If users need to repeat commands or speak abnormally loudly,
Lyric’s responsiveness can be improved by changing the
1. On the list shown above, select the phrase with which you
are having trouble.
2. Find the phrase’s lowest Last 10 Accuracy number.
3. In the Accuracy column tap the number shown. A keypad
4. Enter a number moderately higher than the number cited in
step #2. For example, if the lowest Last 10 Accuracy number
is 599, set the counter for 800.
5. Press Done.
If responsiveness remains unsatisfactory, try entering a higher
number. Repeat until you achieve desirable results.
Using Voice Command
• Assignable command phrases should be set to trigger
specific Smart Scenes. See Command Phrase
Assignment on page 5.
• For the command phrase “Cameras” to launch the Video
function, one or more Wi-Fi cameras must be set up and
operating in the system.
1. After initial setup, speak the selected trigger phrase (“Hello
Lyric”, “Hello Lyric Home”, or “Okay Lyric”).
2. Lyric confirms “Hello, please state your command” (if trigger
feedback is enabled) and awaits a spoken command phrase.
3. Speak a command phrase. If trigger feedback is enabled, the
Lyric confirms that it is processing your command,
identifying it by name.
4. The system executes the assigned Smart Scene or opens the
Video function, displaying video from available Wi-Fi
– 7 –
800-20045 4/15 Rev. A BETA
2 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 100
P.O. Box 9040, Melville, NY 11747
Copyright 2015 Honeywell International Inc.