LYNX Plus Series Control Panel Quick Install Guide
Lynx Plus Series Control
Quick Installation Guide
This Quick Installation Guide can help you install the rechargeable Lynx Plus Series Control quickly and easily by providing the basic steps for installation using the built-in defaults and the Voice Prompt Programming mode. The Voice Prompt Programming mode allows you to quickly program the system by responding to a series of voice prompts. FOR DOCUMENTATION AND ONLINE SUPPORT: http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/resources/MyWebTech (see Lynx Plus Series Installation and Setup Guide P/N 80003857V1 or higher.) A copy of the Installation and setup Guide may also be requested from Honeywell.
For the latest warranty information, please go to:
1. Install the Control
AUDIO CABLE BACK CASE 7720P PROGRAMMING JACK TIE WRAP MOUNT WIRE ROUTING TUNNELS
2. Make Wiring Connections
WARNING TO PREVENT RISK OF SHOCK, DISCONNECT TELEPHONE LINE AT TELECOM JACK BEFORE SERVICING THIS UNIT
INCOMING TELEPHONE LINE
3. Make Battery Connections
NOTE WALYNXRCHKIT-SHA BATTERY PACK SHOWN
NOTE USE ONLY THE K10145WH/K10145X10 OR K10145CN TRANSFORMER PROVIDED
4. Program the Control
Change the Installer Code
The factory default Installer Code for the Lynx Plus Series Control is set to 4-1-1-2. To change this code, you must enter Expert Programming mode. 1. After Power-up, enter Installer Code + 8 0 0 or press both the  and [#] simultaneously within 50 seconds after power is applied to the control. The system will enter the Expert Programming Mode and “20 INSTALLER CODE” will be displayed.
Note: Upon power-up or after exiting program mode, the system takes up to a minute to reset. To bypass the reset delay, enter [#]+.
UL NOTE THE MINIMUM WIRE SIZE USED FOR TELEPHONE INSTALLATIONS MUST BE #26 GAGE
ALL OUTPUT CIRCUITS ARE POWER LIMITED. HARD WIRED ZONE 6-14VDC 120mA max. PREMISES TELEPHONE 2k OHMS EOLR BELL
RETAINER BATTERY PACK
MOUNTING HOOKS ROTATE FRONT CASE UPWARD TO RELEASE HOOKS
NOTE ENSURE ALL WIRING IS ROUTED THROUGH WIRE STRAIN RELIEF CLIP BATTERY CABLE PLCD CONNECTOR TIE WRAP BATTERY CONNECTIONS ECP/POWER CABLE
TIP RING TIP RING
8 POS JACK
SOUND OUT 8 9
K10145WH/K10145X10 OR K10145CN PLUG-IN TRANSFORMER 9VAC, 25VA
2. Enter 720 3. Enter a new four-digit Installer Code.
INCOMING PHONE LINE EARTH GROUND PHONE ZONE SOUNDERS AC
Program variable data fields
1. If required, enter 724 to program the desired 2-digit RF House ID for wireless keypads. 2. If required, enter 740 to program a PABX Access Code or to Disable Call Waiting (LynxSIA Plus only). 3. Enter 794 to program the downloading computer phone number. 4. Press the ESCAPE/ OFF key to enter Voice Prompt Program mode. The system will announce, “Programming, use arrows to scroll choices, press select to accept, press escape to quit.” The system will announce the available options. 5. Follow the directions provided by each voice prompt to make your selections.
The FUNCTION/ # key can be used to repeat a voice prompt, as required.
GSMVLP COMMUNICATION PORT GSMVLP AUDIO CABLE CONNECTOR
Note: For the complete Summary of Connections, refer to the Lynx Plus Series Installation and Setup Guide P/N 800-03857V1 or higher
1. Separate the front case from the rear case by rotating the front case and releasing the hooks from the rear case. 2. Feed the wiring through the openings provided in the rear case. 3. Mount the rear case to a sturdy wall and secure with the provided screws. 3. Reconnect the front case and rear case.
1. Make earth ground connections to terminal 1. 2. Connect the incoming phone line to either the 8-position jack or terminals 2 (TIP) and 3 (RING). 3. Connect the handset phone lines to terminals 4 (TIP) and 5 (RING).
Note: For full line seize operation, refer to the Lynx Plus Series Installation and Setup Guide.
4. If used, connect a bell to terminals 8 (-) and 9 (+). 5. Connect the sensors/contacts to the hardwired zone terminals 6 (-) and 7 (+). 6. If used, install the GSMVLP communications device in accordance with Installation Guide to the GSMVLP communications port. 7. If used, connect the GSMVLP ECP/Power Cable and the GSMVLP Communications Cable between the communications device and the appropriate connectors on the control. 8. Connect wires from the K10145WH/K10145 OR K10145CN Transformer to terminals 10 and 11.
Note: If using Powerline Carrier Devices refer to the Lynx Plus Series Installation Guide P/N 800-03857V1 or higher.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
Remove screw securing the battery retainer. Remove the battery retainer. Insert battery pack into back plate. Install battery retainer. Install screw to secure the battery retainer. Connect battery connector to receptacle on PC board. After all wiring connections have been made, snap the front assembly to the back plate so it is held by the locking tabs. 8. Plug the transformer into a 24-hour, 110VAC unswitched outlet.
Note: Rechargeable batteries may take up to 48-hours to fully charge. “LOW BAT” message should clear within four hours, or by entering Test Mode.
Battery Standby Time (Minimum) 4-hours 24-hours 24-hours
6. When you have completed each programming procedure the system will return to the Main Programming Menu.
Note: If you are installing a GSMVLP in conjunction with the control refer to the Programming Notes shown below.
Viewing data fields
1. To view data entered in field, press [#] plus the field that you wish to view (e.g., #21). The system will beep three times and data programmed for that field will be displayed to the right of the field number. The system will scroll through the data for longer numbers and a beep will sound after each number is displayed or three times after the final digit is displayed.
Battery Part Number LYNXRCHKIT-SC LYNXRCHKIT-HC LYNXRCHKIT-SHA
Low Battery Notification Approx. 1-hour before battery depletion At least 1-hour before battery depletion At least 1-hour before battery depletion
When programming the Control to communicate with a GSMVLP Communications Device, Fields 55, 77 and 91 must be programmed as follows (refer to the Lynx Plus Series Installation and Setup Guide (P/N 800-03857V1 or higher) or Programming Guide (P/N 800-03859 or higher): Radio reporting only: Radio reporting with two-way voice via GSMVP: Field Selection Field Selection 55 3 55 5 77 1, 2 77 2, 2 91 0 or 2* 91 4 * 2 is default, but remote phone control will not work if GSM reporting only is selected. Once programming of the module is complete, enter Installer Code + OFF at the control to send the registration for the GSMVLP to AlarmNet.
(Continued on reverse side)
800-03860V2 8/10 Rev. A
2 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 100 P.O. Box 9040, Melville, NY 11747
Copyright © 2010 Honeywell International Inc. www.honeywell.com/security
Entering Voice Prompt Programming
Power-up the control and enter the Installer Code + 8 8 8. When you have completed each programming procedure the system will return to the Main Programming Menu.
5. Voice Prompt Programming
Navigating the Voice Prompt Programming Mode
Scroll through the voice menu and follow the instructions provided to continue using the Voice Prompt Programming Mode. The following keys are used to navigate through this feature.
1. ESCAPE/ OFF key: Used at any time to exit the current menu and return to the previous prompt. 2. ADD/ AWAY key: Used to add sensors or keys or save data when entering phone or account numbers. 3. DELETE/ STAY key: Used to delete a sensor when in the delete Sensors Menu. 4. SELECT/ AUX key: Used to confirm a selection. 5. 6. 3↑ 6↓ key: Used to scroll forward through menu choices. key: Used to scroll backward through menu choices. key: Used to repeat a voice prompt.
6a. Add Sensors
The Lynx Plus Series will enroll a sensor once the transmitter has been activated two times. The system will confirm the enrollment following each subsequent activation of the same transmitter.
Add a Door Sensor
Exiting Voice Prompt Programming
Once you have returned to the Main Programming Menu, press the ESCAPE/ OFF key.
(1) Delay Door Location Front Back Side Sliding Hall Kitchen Garage Patio Basement
Entering Central Station Phone Numbers
Enter 0-9, #+11 = 7, #+12 =#, #+13 = a pause of 2 seconds.
Entering Central Station Account Numbers
Enter 0-9, #+11=B, #+12 =C, #+13=D, #+14=E, #+15=F
Add a Window, Motion Detector, or Fire Detection Sensor
Programming Zone Types
The Voice Prompt Programming feature can not be used to program Zone Types 02, 05, 10, 14, and 24. Programming these zone types must be done using the Expert Programming Mode.
7. FUNCTION/ #
(This function cannot be used while entering phone or account numbers.)
4 6 7
STATUS NO DELAY FUNCTION
(2) Sensor Type Window Motion Detector Fire Detection
(3) Sensor Location Living room Kitchen Dining room Hall Bedroom Basement Bathroom Master Bedroom Nursery Den
Family Room Guest Room Laundry Room Utility Room Garage
Attic Office Upstairs
(4) Location Modifiers Upstairs Downstairs First Second Third
Second Floor Front Rear Side
6a. Add Sensors (Continued)
Add an Emergency Pendant
7. Add Central Station Accounts
Add First Central Station Phone Number
8. Program Additional Options
Enter Expert Programming Mode
Once you have entered the Expert Programming Mode, the [ESCAPE] key can be used to return to the Voice Prompt Programming mode. If you are in any of the Interactive Menu Modes (756, 780, 781, 783, 784 or 785), you must return to the main menu in that field before pressing the [ESCAPE] key.
10. Program User Functions
Set the Real-Time Clock
1. Enter the Installer Code + FUNCTION/ #
+ 63 2. Follow the Voice Prompts to program the Clock/Calendar.
Change the Master User Code
1. Enter the Installer Code + CODE/ 8
Code. + 02 + desired 4-digit Master
(5) Pendant Type Medical Fire
Silent Police Police
Add First Central Station Account Number
Add a Wireless Key
When adding wireless keys, wait 5 seconds between transmissions.
All four digits of the Central Station Account numbers must be entered. For ten-digit format, all ten digits must be entered. Refer to the Lynx Plus Series Installation and Setup Guide for additional information regarding these programming options.
The Lynx Plus Series is configured with Factory Default Settings. You can revise these settings using the Expert Programming Mode. Refer to the Installation and Setup Guide to view these defaults and to continue programming the individual fields using this mode.
Add User Codes
1. By following the procedures in the Lynx Plus Series User Guide, show the User how to add additional User Codes.
11. Test the system
Add Second Central Station Phone Number Exit Expert Programming Mode
When programming is complete, enter 799. 1. Enter the User Code+ TEST keyThe external sounder will sound for two seconds and all the LCD segments on the keypad display light for 3 seconds. 2. Open each protected door and listen for three beeps from the keypad, followed by the zone’s Voice Descriptor. Identification of each faulted protection point should appear on the display, and clear when the door is closed. 3. Walk in front of the motion sensor and listen for three beeps and the zone’s voice descriptor. 4. When testing is complete, enter: User Code + OFF key. 5. Press each key on the key fob to confirm it performs its assigned function.
Note: Refer to the Lynx Plus Series User Guide for additional information.
9. Perform Go/No Go Test 6b. Delete Sensors
Delete Sensors Add Second Central Station Account Number
Temporarily mount wireless devices in the preferred mounting location and perform a Go/No Go test to ensure adequate signal strength is available. 1. Enter Installer Code + [#] +  and run Go/No Go Test. 2. Fault each transmitter to ensure all programmed zones are received. 3. Mount the transmitter in its permanent location.