The DSC MX922 is a wired addressable glass break detector for use with the Qolsys IQ Pro panels. The IQ Pro, once an HSM3105 is added, can support the full line of MX addressable loop devices. The MX922 has a 360° coverage area and a high level of detection technology that nearly eliminates false alarms.
The DSC MX922 can be mounted on the wall or ceiling and has a 25' (7.6m) detection range. It has a bicolor LED and tamper protection to protect against unauthorized persons trying to open or access it. (Please see the Installation manual for LED pattern indications) The MX922 can detect glass breakage on external walls. It can protect many types of glass, including plate, tempered, laminated, wired, coated, and sealed glass.
When mounting on the wall, the detector should be at least 6' (1.8m) from the floor and at least 1' (30 cm) from the ceiling. For the best detection and range, it is recommended to mount to the wall directly opposite the glass being protected. When ceiling mounted, the MX922 should be at least 6 to 12' (2 to 4m) away from the protected glass, for the best results.
When choosing a mounting location, always avoid obstructions between the detector and the protected glass. Obstructions may prevent the glass break detector from activating in an actual alarm situation. The MX922 should never be mounted on the same wall as the protected glass. It is excellent at detecting glass breakage, but may not consistently detect cracks in glass or even bullets passing through the glass. Also, mounting the device at an angle, such as in a corner or an adjoining wall can significantly reduce the detection range. You can use the Honeywell FG701 Glass Break Simulator to test the detector's range and accuracy. Proper testing should always be performed before permanently mounting the MX922.
The MX922 has a 2-wire connection for the input of the MX loop originating from the HSM3105. It then has another 2-wire output connection that will continue the MX loop to connect additional devices. Be sure to use the provided wire access openings to route your wires.
The MX922 enrolls into the panel and is then configured using the Qolsys IQ Installer App. Once all MX devices have been enrolled, use the app to edit any of the desired default settings. The options for the MX922 include Alarm LED, User Test, Installer Test, and Self Test. The Alarm LED option tells the detector whether the LED lights up when the glass break detects an alarm. You can choose between LED ON or LED OFF. User Test, Installer Test, and Self Test allow you to Enable or Disable those test modes.
- Sensor Type: Addressable Glass Break Detector
- Housing Color: White
- Housing Material: Flame retardant PC-ABS
- Technology: MX Wired Loop for IQ Pro
- Tamper: Yes
- Operating Voltage: 20VDC to 40VDC
- Standby Current: 0.3mA
- Maximum Current: Maximum 6mA
- Status LED: Yes (Bicolor: Red/Green)
- Mounting Location: Wall or Ceiling (at least 6' (1.8 m) from the floor and at least 1' (30 cm) from the ceiling).
- Detection Range: 25' (7.6m) if glass size is a minimum of 15.75" x 15.75" (40cm x 40cm) 20' (6m) if glass size is a minimum of 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm) to 15.75" x 15.75" (40cm x 40cm).
- Microphone: Omni-directional
- Supported Glass Types: Plate, tempered, wired, laminated, coated, and sealed insulated. Minimum size: 12" x 12" (30 cm x 30 cm)
- Glass thickness: UL tested: Plate: 1/8" to 1/4" (3.2mm to 6.4mm); Tempered: 1/8" to 1/4" (3.2mm to 6.4mm); Wired: 1/4" (6.4mm); Coated: 1/8" to 1/4" (3.2mm to 6.4mm); Laminated: 1/4" (6.4mm); Sealed insulated: 1/8" to 1/4" (3.2mm to 6.4mm)
EN tested: Plate: 3/16" to 1/4" (4mm to 6mm); Wired: 1/4" (6mm).
Note: Laminated and sealed insulated glass types
- Operating Temperature: 14°F - 120°F (-10°C - +50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F - 140°F (-20°C - +60°C)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 3.5" x 2.4" x 1.2" (88mm x 62mm x 30mm)
- Weight: 2.61oz. (74g)