2GIG GC3 Panels require a "stepped" approach to firmware updates. If you are on version 3.0.0, you may update to 3.0.1, or skip to 3.0.2. Once you're updated to this version, you can then move to 3.1.0. From there, you can update to 3.1.3. Next, update to 3.2.0, and then finally you can update to 3.2.1. You must update to the base build of each revision, and then you can skip to the last build of that revision. The base of each version is 3.0.x then 3.1.x, then 3.2.x. If you attempt to jump from one of the earlier revisions straight to 3.2.1, your panel will very likely be damaged and will have to be replaced.
2GIG regularly releases firmware updates for the GC3 product. These updates ensure that the panel remains current, updated, and relevant for years to come. On this page, you will find a list of all firmware updates for the GC3. The current one will be prominently displayed at the top here, to the right. Select the "Download" button, and you will be on your way.
Current Firmware: V126.96.36.19953
The following features are supported with GC3 188.8.131.5253 firmware release:
New Feature: Screen Saver, Video Demo.
- The screen Saver feature allows for the homeowner to add their personal photos to the GC3 and SP1 keypads and photos will display as a slideshow on the panel/s.
- New options have been added to the “Screen” settings in “System Settings” to add photos and set the “My Photos” settings.
- Photos are added to the panel via USB.
- Photos are loaded independently on the GC3 and each SP1 allowing for a different set of photos to display on each panel.
New Feature: Video Demo - Demo and Promo Videos keep users in the know.
- The Video Demo feature allows a dealer to install a video on the GC3 panel. Video can be used for demos for sales, tradeshow, showroom presentation or tutorial videos for end-user instructions
- New options have been added to the “Screen” settings in “System Settings” to set the “Demo Video” and related settings.
- A new “Demo” tile has been added to the “Installer Toolbox” to allow for dealers to add a demo video to the panel.
- Videos are added to the panel via USB.
- Videos are loaded independently on the GC3 and each SP1 allowing for a different set of videos to display on each panel.
- Resolved an issue with panel intermittently displaying a “Panel has no Battery” trouble.
- Resolved rare intermittent 2-way voice quality issue.
- Resolved Access Point intermittently turning off after exiting Low Power Mode.
The following features are supported with GC3 3.2.0 firmware release:
- Now supports Partitioning with the use of “Smart Areas”
- The GC3 now supports 8 remote keypads (any combination of SP1, SP2, and PAD1)
- Improved Z-Wave Performance
- Resolved various localization defects with French and Spanish
- Broadband Network programming questions Q33, Q34, and Q35 are now supported on Alarm.com AirFx
- General Networking improvements, and resolved a GC3 Access Point startup failure, when GC3 Wi-Fi broadband is active
The following features are supported with GC3 3.1.3 firmware release:
- Support for LTE CAT1 cellular radio, on Verizon for Alarm.com (2GIG-LTEV1-A-GC3)
- OTA enhancements
- SP1 network security enhancements
The following features are supported with GC3 3.1.2 firmware release:
- Spanish Language and localization improvements
- Repeater support (RPTR-1)
- WiFi improvements including connectivity fixes with touchscreens SP1 and SP2
- Fixed an extremely intermittent frozen display bug
- Zwave enhancements
Support for WiFi Broadband connectivity
The GC3 firmware can be connected to a customer’s Wifi broadband network allowing for dual-path alarm reporting (if the back-end provider allows). GC3 allowed OTA updates via cell as well as via USB at launch. This feature will add the ability to update the panel over a broadband connection. The broadband update will follow the same rules as a firmware update initiated over cell.
Support SP1 secondary touch panel
The GC3 firmware now supports the SP1 wireless secondary touch panel ( 2GIG-SP1-GC3).
French Language support
The GC3 firmware now supports French language.
Additional Security Sensor Support
The following sensors are now supported by GC3:
- Bypass Door Window Sensor (2GIG-DW40-345)
- Flood/Temp Sensor (2GIG-FT1-345)
Additional Zwave device support
- Kwikset 914/916 locks
- RCS TZ45 Thermostat
- ADC RTS ( remote temperature sensor)
- Switches and Lighting
- WS15Z5-1 (500 series switch)
- WT00Z5-1 (500 series 3-way switch)
- WA00Z-1 (2 button battery powered scene controller)
- WO15EMZ5-1 (500 series plug-in module with energy monitoring)
- PD300EMZ5-1 (500 series plug-in dimmer with energy monitoring)
- WD500Z5-1 (500 series in-wall dimmer)
- GE Lamp Module ZW3101-WCS
- Vision XL7201US/ZL71001US
- AEON Labs DSC24-ZWUS
- Everspring Siren SE812-2
- Fortrezz Siren SSA1/SSA2
- Support for LTE Cell Radio. The GC3 panel now supports an LTE Cell Radio. The 2GIG LTEV-A-GC3 works with Alarm.com on the Verizon network.
- Support for additional Z-Wave Devices. GoControl Garage Door Controller - GD00Z-5, Yale lock models - YRD210, YRD2210, YRD240, YRL220. Schlage lock models BE468, FE599. Aeon Labs DSC24-ZWUS, DSC06100ZWUS.
- Support for WIFI connectivity, which in turn supports secondary touchscreens.
- General enhancements - Various system performance enhancements
- Support for Image Sensor. The GC3 panel now supports the 2GIG-IMAGE2 image sensor. Requires the new 2GIG-XCVR3-GC3 to be installed. This panel will not support the 2GIG-IMAGE1.
- Added support for the Alarm.com T2000 Thermostat.
- General Enhancements: Fixed an issue with switching temperature to Celsius (Q24: Temperature display units).
- Improved performance if Periodic Test Reporting (Q36: Periodic Test).
- Various system performance enhancements.