2GIG regularly releases firmware updates for the GC3/3e product. These updates ensure that the panel remains current, updated, and relevant for years to come. On this page, you will find a list of all firmware updates for the GC3e. The most current release will be prominently displayed at the top of the page, to the right. Select the "Download" button to proceed. See the update instructions at the bottom of this page.
Current Firmware: V184.108.40.20632
Starting with Firmware version 3.2.3, the 2GIG GC3 and 2GIG GC3e panels use the same Firmware. For older Firmware versions for the 2GIG GC3 only, please visit the 2GIG GC3 Firmware Update Page.
Enhancements and Resolved Issues in version 220.127.116.1132:
- Resolved the ability to remotely make changes to user access when panel is armed
- Resolved Z-Wave lock device identification
- Added support for Schlage BE468 lock
The following features are supported with GC3 18.104.22.16825 firmware release:
New Feature: Question 72 (Q72) - Config change acknowledgement question added.
- Q72 - Config change acknowledgement.
Enabled - The panel will announce the panel status when the panel powers up, reboots, or exits programming. (Panel behavior will not change from previous firmware versions.)
Disabled - This option will suppress the annunciation of the panel status when the panel powers up, reboots, or exits programming.
- When changes are made to the customized panel functions thru the Alarm.com portal, including but not limited to items related to programming, sensors, and the addition, deletion or modification to users, the GC3/3e panel will currently announce its current status. Example: “System disarmed, ready to arm”. Changing programming to Q72 to “Disabled” status will suppress this annunciation from the panel.
- The change to Question 72 will only affect the annunciation of the status of the panel, as described above. Question 72 will not affect any other annunciations of the GC3/e panels.
Enhancements & Issues Resolved:
- Resolved Periodic Test/Auto Phone Test failing to send a test signal when Question 33 is set to the default value of 30 days.
- Resolved issues regarding OTA.
- Cell radio test may fail after cell radio swap. Resolution: Remove call radio and then plug cell radio into the panel again. Wait for cell to power up and register, then rerun the cell test.
- Sensor LOS does not clear if the sensor is learned in with the wrong Equipment Code (eSeries vs non-eSeries) even after the equipment code is corrected. Resolution: Delete sensor and relearn with the correct Equipment code.
- Pressing [*] on the PAD1 during a Police alarm on the system will announce “Emergency” instead of “Police” alarm.
- Some GC3e panels were shipped with an Installer Quick Start Guide with the incorrect default installer code. The default installer code is still 1561.
The following features are supported with GC3 22.214.171.12413 firmware release:
New Feature: Support for AT&T LTE 4G Communicator.
- Communicator Model Number: 2GIG-LTEA-A-GC3.
New Feature: Support for 6-digit User Code
- Installer Question #71 added: “Security PIN code length”
- Default: 4-Digits
- Option: 6-Digits
- When switching to 6-Digit codes, all existing codes will be appended with “11”
- 6-Digit Master Code default: 111111
- 6-Digit Installer Code default: 156111
- Console Restore will not restore Q71 to default. If panel is set for 6-Digit code and a Console Reset is performed, the panel will remain set to use 6-Digit codes. Q71 WILL reset to default (4-Digit Users) if “Users” are defaulted.
New Feature: Support for Additional eSeries Encrypted Sensors
- 2058 - eSeries Smoke Detector (USA)
- 2061 - eSeries Tilt Sensor
- 2065 - eSeries Flood Sensor
- 2067 - eSeries Repeater
- 2069 - eSeries FireFighter SMKT/CO Listener
- 2070 - eSeries Water Sensor
- 2860 - eSeries CO Detector (USA)
- 2865 - eSeries Outdoor Door/Window Sensor
- 2864 - eSeries Panic
- 2873 - eSeries Takeover Module
- Resolved an issue with panel intermittently displaying a “Panel has no Battery” trouble.
- Resolved rare intermittent 2-way voice quality issue.
- Resolved Access Point intermittently turning off after exiting Low Power Mode.
Instructions: How Do I Update The Firmware On My 2GIG GC3e?
- Download the firmware update file.
- Once downloaded, the file should be in the following format: gc3-3.x.x.xxxx-update-prod.2gig
- Save the firmware file to the root directory of a USB flash drive.
Note: The USB flash drive must have only one partition
- Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the top of the GC3e panel.
- You will see a notice that there is new firmware to install. Select Update
- Enter the Installer code or Master code.
- The GC3/3e will install the update and restart