Qolsys regularly releases firmware updates for the IQ Panel 4 panel. These updates add new features while also ensuring that the panel continues to operate smoothly. Qolsys has been very proactive in adding new features to their panels, and very responsive to the voice of the customer when providing fixes for any issues. On this page, you will find the latest firmware updates for the IQ Panel 4. The current firmware update will be prominently displayed at the top of the page. Select the "Download" button, and follow the instructions listed above the older firmware versions below!
- Software Version: 4.2.0 - ADCS 9.12.0
- Build Number: 20220729_b29
- Linux Version: 4.9.112
- Android OS Version: 9
Firmware Compatibility Note: An IQ Panel 4 must be on software version 4.1.1 or higher and connected to WIFI to install the 4.2.0 update over WIFI. This update can also be pushed manually from Alarm.com as long as the panel has a connection to WIFI and has firmware version 4.1.1. There will be no charge for updates performed using WIFI. Alarm.com and Qolsys will not allow the firmware to be downloaded using Cellular Data.
- Support for the all new IQ WIFI 6.
- Fully integrates with Alarm.com and IQ Panels for easy configuration and remote management.
- Supports WIFI Partitions
- Supports WIFI 6 Mesh with Gigabit speed, coverage of up to 1,500 sq ft (140m2) per node, and expandable up to eight (8) nodes total.
Fixes and Improvements
- Modified Photo Frame Mode, pressing the screen wake does not initiate arm/disarm function.
- While in the Clean Screen mode, the panel no longer annunciates touch sounds.
- This is a large update, so we won’t list all "New Features", and "Fixes and Improvements" here. For the full list, please view the Release Notes.
To wirelessly install this software, no download is required, simply follow these instructions after making sure your panel is on version 4.1.1. If your panel is not on version 4.1.1, please install that version first, using the instructions below and Patch Tag iqpanel4.1.1:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and touch "Settings".
- Touch “Advanced Settings”
- Enter a valid Installer or Dealer Code (defaults are 1111 and 2222 respectively)
- Touch “Upgrade Software”.
- Touch “Patch Tag” and enter: iqpanel4.2.0 then touch “OK”
- Touch “Upgrade Using Network”. If the panel is connected to WIFI, the system will begin downloading the update, it will be installed when the download completes. Once the update begins Do Not Touch The Screen! The update will take about 5 minutes, and the panel will reboot as a part of the process. When the panel returns to the home screen and the Green LEDs are lit, the process is complete.
Instructions for Updating the Qolsys IQ Panel 4 Via Access Point
For customers who cannot update using WIFI, follow these steps to update using a phone, tablet, or computer:
- Download and save the file required for the update to the device (phone, tablet, or computer). The latest update file is linked via the green button above. If you need to install Version 4.1.1 first, it is linked below. When you are taken to the Dropbox page, choose the Download button. This will download the entire file folder to your device, rather than the individually listed files. This is what you want.
- On the IQ Panel 4, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Upgrade Software > "Upgrade Using Access Point".
- A QR Code will be displayed on the IQ Panel 4, scan it with your phone or tablet. If you are using a computer, then connect to the panel's access point using the SSID and Password provided on the panel screen.
- Press "Start" to begin the local server session, then from your device scan the second QR code provided by the IQ Panel 4, or if that's not an option, navigate to the "https" URL shown on the panel's screen.
- Follow the prompts on your phone, tablet, or device screen to select the correct files and transfer them to the panel.
- Once the files have been loaded to the IQ Panel 4, it should begin then complete the update process.
Firmware Compatibility Note: An IQ Panel 4 must be on software version 4.0.0 or higher and connected to WIFI to install version 4.1.1 or lower. This update can also be pushed manually from Alarm.com as long as the panel has a connection to WIFI. There will be no charge for updates performed using WIFI. Alarm.com and Qolsys will not allow the firmware to be downloaded using Cellular Data.
- This version has no new features.
Fixes and Improvements
- This firmware (4.1.1) contains a critical bug fix relating to panel cellular connectivity. This critical bug fix will be pushed to all IQ4 accounts that are registered with Alarm.com and have a WIFI connection.
- Support for PGxWLSHW8 & PGxHRDW8 PowerG Wired to Wireless Module Firmware version 1.2. This will allow for connection of up to four (4) HSM2108 zone expanders and one (1) HSM2300 power supplies per module; increasing the total possible PowerG hardwire to wireless zone count from 16 to 80. In addition, added “Temperature” as a hardwire Sensor Type and Flood Emergency as a PGM Output Rule Trigger.
- Photo Frame Screensaver images can now be loaded wirelessly from a mobile device or computer to the Panel via the built-in Panel Access Point.
- Sensors can now be individually bypassed from the Alarm.com app at the time of arming.
- New “Voltage Input Test” under System Tests that measures input voltage at the panel. This is a great new feature for DIYers.
- Doorbell Camera pop up notifications on the Panel now have a dedicated volume slider. This allows for Independent control of Doorbell ringing volume from the main Panel volume of Chimes and Voices.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, the temperature history from PGx905 would not display on Alarm.com.
- Option to enable/disable PMF (protected management frame) on the Panel under WIFI settings.
- New setting to allow Z-Wave Frequency selection based on country.
- Added the ability to utilize PowerG sirens (PGx901, PGx911) to annunciate Trouble Beeps.
- Panel Access Point can now be connected to by scanning an on-screen QR Code.
- Adaptive brightness using the Panel Ambient Light Sensor is now enabled by default.
- Read the full list of New Features and Improvements in TSB# 220228.
- Local Dealer branding (Logo, Help Videos & On-Screen Billboard) can now be loaded directly to the Panel via the built-in access point from any mobile device. this replaces the need to use an SD Card for Dealer branding.
- Improved flow for local Software Update via Panel Access Point, including QR code scanning to auto connect to the network.
- New user interface changes to encourage WIFI connectivity and to help panels stay connected over time to the WIFI network.
- Added Panel configuration support in advance of the pending release for IQ WIFI 6.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue in 4.0.0 related to S2 versions of Linear Garage Door Openers. See TSB 210927 for additional details.
- Enhancements to Two-Way Voice audio analytics and default settings.
- Changed Severe Weather Siren notification to be unique from other types of notifications.
- Read TSB# 211028 for the full list of New Features and Improvements.