The 2GIG STZ-1 is a smart thermostat that uses Z-Wave Plus 700-Series technology to communicate with a compatible automation controller. You can operate the STZ-1 locally at the automation hub or remotely using a compatible interactive platform, such as Alarm.com, and it is scene-compatible.
Adding a smart thermostat like the 2GIG STZ-1 to your home or business can really make your life easier. This is a great way to adjust the temperature in situations where you are off-site. For example, if you forgot to adjust the thermostat before leaving on vacation, then you can use your smart interactive platform to access the thermostat and adjust its settings so that energy savings are maximized. And by including the thermostat in smart scenes, you can set a fixed schedule for the 2GIG STZ-1 so that you keep your home or business comfortable, while also keeping your energy costs down.
One great aspect of the 2GIG STZ-1 is that it is one of the first smart thermostats to use Z-Wave Plus 700-Series technology. This represents the next generation after original 500-Series Z-Wave Plus, and it is sometimes referred to as Z-Wave Plus V2. By using the 2GIG STZ-1 with a compatible Z-Wave Plus V2 controller, you can maximize wireless signal range and battery life for the thermostat. While you can set up the 2GIG STZ-1 to draw power from the HVAC system using a "C" wire, you can also forgo this connection and have the thermostat operate using battery power alone with four (4) AA batteries. Keep in mind though, that the 2GIG STZ-1 will not operate as a Z-Wave repeater for strengthening your mesh network while running on exclusively battery power.
In terms of functionality, the 2GIG STZ-1 supports both 2-Stage Cooling, and 3-Stage Heating, as well as Humidity Sensing and Control. The device can be paired with a compatible Z-Wave Plus Hub using the SmartStart feature, which involves using a QR Code to compete the pairing process. The 2GIG STZ-1 also supports the S2 Security Protocol when used with a compatible Z-Wave Plus Controller, which makes it more secure than older S0 Z-Wave devices. Modes for the 2GIG STZ-1 include Off, Heat, Cool, Auto, and E-Heat. The backlit screen on the STZ-1 makes it easy to control at night.
Please note that 2GIG specifically mentions that the 2GIG STZ-1 is NOT compatible with the original GC2 System, which only has a classic Z-Wave controller (not Z-Wave Plus). You may run into issues when attempting to use the 2GIG STZ-1 with classic Z-Wave controllers. Therefore, it is only recommended for use with certified Z-Wave Plus controllers. Mounting hardware, an installation manual, a quick start guide, and four (4) AA batteries come included with the 2GIG STZ-1. The device measures 5.75"L x 4.5"W x 1"D, and it weighs one (1) pound.
Note: Requires FW Version 1.23 or higher on 2GIG GC2e; Requires FW Version 3.2.5 on GC3/GC3e; Not Compatible w/ 2GIG GC2
- Device Type: Z-Wave Plus 700-Series Smart Thermostat
- Compatibility: Z-Wave Plus Controllers & Hubs
- Display: Fixed Format w/ White Backlight
- Display Options: Heating & Cooling Setpoint, Clock, Humidity Display Option
- Mode Options: Off, Heat, Cool, Auto, E-Heat
- Fan Mode Options: Auto, On
- Heating Options: 3 Stage
- Cooling Options: 2 Stage
- HVAC System Protection: Compressor Short Cycle Delay of 5 Minutes (Adjustable)
- Heat Set Points: 32°F to 90°F
- Cool Set Points: 61°F to 122°F
- Temperature Setting Resolution: 1°F
- Backlit Screen: Yes
- Scene-Compatible: Yes
- Z-Wave Security: S2 Protocol
- SmartStart: Yes
- Touch Buttons: Capacitive
- Power Options: 24VAC from HVAC System Using "C" Wire and/or Four (4) AA Batteries
- Z-Wave Repeating: Yes (Not on Battery Power)
- HVAC Connections: C, RC, RH, W1, W2/O, Y1, Y2, G, W3, HUM+, HUM- (18 AWG)
- Material: ABS Plastic Construction
- Color: White
- Package Contents: 2GIG STZ-1 Thermostat, Four (4) AA Batteries, Mounting Hardware, Installation Manual, Quick Start Guide
- Dimensions: 5.75"L x 4.5"W x 1"D
- Weight: One (1) Pound
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95%, Non-Condensing