The DSC MX936 addressable heat detector is designed to be used on the Qolsys IQ Pro panels. Any IQ Pro panel that has added the HSM3105 MX expansion module will support the MX936. The MX936 does require the use of the MXBASE. The 4" MXBASE is the universal base used for the MX916, MX926, and the MX936 and must be purchased separately.
We have put together a kit to make setting up a new system easier. Each MX936KT kit contains one (1) MX936, along with one (1) MXBASE. To order the kit with the base included follow the link above.
The DSC MX936 has three (3) modes of operation:
- Fixed alarm level temperature of 135°F (57°C).
- Fixed alarm level temperature of 200°F (93.4°C).
- Rate of rise of 15°F (8.4°C) per minute.
These modes can be configured using the IQ Installer app. The app is available from the iOS and Android stores. It is a local installation wizard and can be used to configure, manage, and test the IQ Pro and MX devices. You can also use the IQ Installer app to configure the status LED on the MX936. The "LED blinking during poll" setting can be selected as "LED ON" or "LED OFF". The supervision interval is a hardcoded option and cannot be changed.
The IQ PRO comes in many variations. It is available in a metal or a plastic enclosure. It comes with either a Verizon, AT&T or Telus (Canada) Cellular LTE communicator. Along with PowerG wireless, it is also available with optional support for various legacy wireless frequencies (319.5, 345, and 433 MHz). Another option for expansion is to use the MX addressable loop. Adding the HSM3105 to the IQ Pro enables the ability to use any of the MX addressable loop devices.
The MX936 locks into the MXBASE by aligning the raised rib markers then rotating 15 degrees counter-clockwise allowing the detector to drop into the base. Then twist clockwise to re-align the raised rib markings. This locks the detector in place. There is an optional locking pin that can be installed into the base before attaching the detector. Afterward, a small screwdriver or Allen wrench is required to release the locking pin so that the detector can rotate counter-clockwise and be removed from the base.
- Sensor Type: Addressable Heat Detector
- Technology: MX Loop for IQ Pro
- Operating Voltage: 20VDC to 40VDC
- Standby Current: 350 uA
- Alarm Current: 4 mA
- Smoke Detection: None
- Status LED:Yes (Red, Yellow)
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 158°F Short term to 194°F (-25°C to 70°C short term to 90°C)
- Storage Temperature: -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to 70°C)
- Relative Humidity: 93%, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 4.252" Diameter, 1.653" Height (108mm Diameter, 42mm Height)
- Weight: 2.86 oz (81g)