The Qolsys IQ Pro is a hybrid system, combining features from the Qolsys IQ Panel 4, and the DSC PowerSeries NEO. It is a feature-rich panel that has almost every type of zone support out there. It has hardwired, addressable loop, legacy RF, and PowerG. It also has native LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and Z-Wave, providing a complete security experience.
The IQ Pro is not your average residential alarm system, but it can do all of that and more. It is geared more towards commercial establishments or large homes, but can also fit nicely in an average size home. Its ability to expand with various modules of your choice makes this a truly customizable alarm system. That ability to expand in such an impressive way makes it a great fit for many businesses, hospitals, churches, and schools.
The IQ Pro supports up to 128 zones, 8 partitions, 1000 users, and 16 keypads. The keypads can be up to sixteen (16) hardwired, up to five (5) wireless or PowerG IQ remotes, and up to three (3) IQ Remote touchscreens. It can also support up to ten (10) PowerG PIR Cameras such as the PG9944 Outdoor Motion Camera, or the indoor PG9934P PIR Camera. It has four (4) onboard programmable outputs and is expandable up to 148. It also has built-in dual-path communicators. Ethernet or WIFI, and an LTE Cellular communicator.
The IQ Pro has many options. You may opt for either a Verizon, AT&T, or Telus (Canada) LTE cellular communicator. There is a PowerG-only IQ Pro, for those who only plan to use the long-range, encrypted sensors. Or in addition to PowerG, users can also opt to also include a legacy RF receiver. Options include either a 345 MHz Honeywell or 2GIG compatible, 319.5 MHz Qolsys or Interlogix/GE compatible, or 433 MHz legacy DSC compatible model. You must also also choose between a metal and a plastic enclosure. This version of the IQ Pro comes in a metal enclosure, with a Verizon LTE communicator, and support for both PowerG and 345 MHz sensors.
The IQ Pro offers options to connect via IP using either WIFI or Ethernet, in addition to its LTE cellular path. As with all Alarm.com communicators, signals will be sent on both, the IP and LTE Cellular paths, at the same time for each signal. All communication paths connect to Alarm.com for monitoring. They receive their interactive services through the alarm.com customer website or the alarm.com app. The Alarm.com mobile app is available on iOS and Android app stores. For Alarm Grid customers, you will need either a Gold Plan (Self or Full) or higher, or a Cellular Alarm Monitoring plan.
One very important thing to note with the plastic enclosure is if the cellular signal strength is so low that it requires an external antenna, then the use of the plastic enclosure is not possible. The external antenna is only compatible with a metal enclosure Qolsys IQ Pro. There also is no option to just swap out the enclosures. So, there is no solution to convert a Plastic enclosure IQ Pro to a metal enclosure if an external antenna is needed.
Add to the eight (8) on-board hardwired zones with an HSM2108 hardwired zone expander. Each HSM2108 adds up to eight (8) additional hardwired zones. New to the IQ PRO are the MX addressable loop devices. Some older PowerSeries panels used addressable loops, but the devices that worked on those panels are not compatible with the IQ Pro. The IQ Pro uses the HSM3105 module for addressable loop expansion of up to 124 MX zones. Remember, regardless of which expansion route you take, the IQ Pro will support a total of 128 zones.
When adding multiple expansion modules in the IQ Pro, power could become a thing of concern. That's where the HSM2300 and the HSM2204 come into play. The HSM2300 is a power supply module that provides an additional 1A of current. The HSM2204 is a power supply and PGM module combined. It can provide an additional 1A of current and four (4) high-current programmable outputs.
The IQ Pro will require a backup battery which must be purchased separately. It can handle a 4 Ah, 7 Ah, 14 Ah (2 x 7 Ah), or a 17 Ah battery. You would choose the battery or batteries, that will provide the preferred standby time in the event you were to lose power. For details please refer to the battery charts in the IQ Pro reference manual on pages 44-45.
The IQ Pro offers a QR code that can be scanned to easily get the entire setup process started. The IQ Pro Installer app is used to program every aspect of the system, from zones to Z-Wave devices. It is available as a free download from the Android and iOS app stores. We are excited to be working with this "beast". All the features and customizable options are very intriguing. We will be sure to pass along any information we learn and provide installation and setup assistance to our customers along the way.
- Product Type: Commercial Hybrid Alarm Panel
- Cabinet Material: Metal (available in Plastic, also)
- Power Adapter: External - Input: 120VAC/40VA, 60Hz, 1.2A ; Output: 18VDC 2.22 A,
- Battery Type: Sealed Lead-Acid (SLA), Rechargeable
- Processor: Qualcomm SnapDragon 8 Core SOM (System On a Module)
- Memory: 16GB of NAND Flash
- Platform: Android OS
- On-Board Zones: 8
- Total Supported Zones: 128
- Hardwired Zone Expandable Yes up to 120 with HSM2108
- MX Addressable Loop: up to 124 MX devices with HSM3105
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: Honeywell or 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors, and PowerG 915 MHz Sensors
- PowerG Host: Onboard or remote host compatible. Auto switching when supported HS2LCDRF9/HS2LCDRFP9 or HSM2HOST remote PowerG host is added. (These remote hosts do not support IQ remote PowerG and PG9WLSHW8/PG9HRDW8 PowerG wired to wireless converters).
- Partitions: Eight (8)
- On-Board PGM Outputs: Four (4) - Three (3) Low-Current, One (1) High-Current
- PGM Expansion: Yes 144 (up to 128 low current using HSM2208, up to 16 high current using HSM2204)
- User Codes: 1000 (4 or 6-digit)
- Max Keypads: 16 Total: Up to Sixteen (16) Hardwired (LCD Keypads HS2LCD, HS2LCDP, HS2ICN, HS2ICNP, and HS2TCHP touchscreen (requires firmware update)), Up to five (5) Wireless or IQ Remote PowerG, and up to three (3) IQ Remotes (WIFI)
- IP Communication: WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band 2.4/5ghz - including built-in router capability or Ethernet 10/100Mb
- Cellular Communication: Verizon LTE CAT4 (Non-Replaceable Module)
- External Cellular Antenna Compatible: Yes
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- 2-Way Voice: No
- Control 4: Yes
- Bluetooth Disarming: Yes
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Bell Output: 11.3 VDC to 12.5 VDC, maximum current 700 mA continuous
(supervised 1 kΩ), current limited at 2 A.
- AUX Power: 11.3 VDC to 12.5 VDC. Maximum current 700 mA shared between AUX1 and AUX2
- AUX Power Expansion: Yes with HSM2300 or HSM2204
- Certification: FCC, IC, UL-985, UL-1023, UL-2610 UL-1637, ULC-S545, ULC-S304
- Dimensions: (L x W x H)19” x 12” x 4.9" (482.5mm x 305mm x 124mm)
- Weight: 9.8 lbs (without battery)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F - 131°F (-10°C - +55°C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% RH Noncondensing Relative Humidity