Dual Tec Motion Sensor
The Honeywell DT8050V is a wired dual-tech motion sensor. By using both passive infrared (PIR) and microwave technology to verify movement, false alarms are prevented. Like most hardwired motion detection sensors, the H DT8050V uses a 4-wire connection with the panel. Buy the DT8050V here.
The Honeywell DT8050V is a great option for almost anyone needing a wired motion sensor in an installation where false alarm prevention is a major concern. By utilizing both passive infrared (PIR) and microwave motion detection, this Dual Tec Motion Sensor helps prevent false alarms.
Like most non-addressable (non-polling loop) hardwired motion detectors, the Honeywell DT8050V interfaces with an alarm panel using a 4-wire connection. The sensor works by operating simultaneously as both a PIR motion detector and a microwave sensor. A response will only be triggered if both the PIR sensor and the microwave sensor detect movement. You can adjust both sensors individually for sensitivity as needed to achieve the desired result. Please note that this motion sensor does not offer pet immunity.
The detection range of the Honeywell DT8050V is 53 feet by 72 feet, making it great for large central areas and wide open spaces. The recommended mounting height is between 81 inches and 105 inches high, with the sweet spot being 90 inches, 7'6". Other features for the sensor include an LED testing light, a bug guard, uniform sensitivity optics, dual-slope temperature compensation, and more.
- Device Type: Hardwired Dual Tec Motion Sensor
- Detection Sensors: PIR & Microwave
- PIR Sensitivity Adjustment: Pulse Count
- Microwave Range Adjustment: Potentiometer
- Addressable/Polling-Loop: No
- Connection: 4-wire (2 Zone & 2 Power)
- Operating Current: 17mA Maximum
- Detection Area: 53 Feet by 72 Feet Maximum
- Mounting Height Range: 81 Inches to 105 Inches
- Recommended Mounting Height: 90 inches (7 Feet, 6 Inches)
- Lens Type: Fresnel
- LED Light: Yes
- Bug Guard: Yes
- Detection Features: Uniform Sensitivity Optics, Dual-Slope Temperature Compensation, Look Down Zone
- Dimensions: 3.86"L x 2.24"W x 1.71"D
- Weight: 3.6 oz
- Indoor/Outdoor Use: Indoor Use Only
- Pet Immunity: No
* Based on a 10% APR with 12 months financing. APR's will vary between 10% - 30% based on credit score and various factors.