Indoor/Outdoor 1080P Varifocal Turret Camera
The Alarm.com ADC-VC838PF is a commercial-grade indoor/outdoor surveillance camera. It uses Power over Ethernet (PoE) to simplify installation. This allows both power and network connections on a single Cat-5e or Cat-6 cable with a standard RJ-45 connector. It offers 1080P recording with HDR.
Alarm.com has an impressive line of both residential and commercial video cameras. As with any Alarm.com camera, a monitoring plan is required to use the ADC-VC838PF. Alarm Grid customers can choose a Platinum Plan (Self or Full) or a standalone Video Monitoring plan. This allows a user to take advantage of the Alarm.com Business Activity Analytics features as well as Video Analytics with Object Detection. The motorized remote varifocal lens allows the user to remotely widen or narrow the field of view without sacrificing video clarity. It offers 24/7 recording using either a compatible MicroSD card onboard, integration with a Commercial Stream Video Recorder, or both. This is in addition to any video clips that are uploaded to Alarm.com cloud storage.
The ADC-VC838PF has excellent low-light sensitivity and has an IR range of up to ~95' (30m). The camera uses the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard. Power to the camera can come from an IEEE 802.3af PoE compatible router or switch, or from a PoE injector. But be aware, when using a PoE Injector, one injector is required for each camera being used. Devices that use IEEE 802.3af communicate with one another to determine how much power is required before any power is actually supplied.
The 1080P video resolution with High Dynamic Range, or HDR, ensure that images captured by the VC838PF are clear and sharp. HDR is actually information embedded in the video signal send by the camera. This information allows for more variations in both darkness and brightness as well as color. When used with a display that supports HDR, this translates into a much crisper and a much more well-defined video image.
In particular when being mounted outdoors, protection from environmental extremes is important. With an IP66 rating, the ADC-VC838PF is waterproof and dust-tight. IP stands for Ingress Protection, and if you're unfamiliar with this standard, and what it means, you can read more about it here. The ADC-VC838PF is a worthy addition to the rest of the Alarm.com camera lineup.
If the ADC-VC838PF will be installed to a third-party mounting base, such as a CB130T, CBM, ABM, or PC130T among others, then you should consider purchasing the Alarm.com ADC-VACC-MNT130. This is a mounting plate used to adapt the base of the camera to one of several different third-party bases. Using the adapter will speed up installation, and make the job of installing the camera easier.
- Supported Resolutions: 2688 x 1520*, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 640 x 360
- Local Recording: SVR and Onboard Recording
- Image Sensor: 1/2.7" progressive scan CMOS
- Lens & Field of View: 3.2mm (W) - 9.8 mm (T), F1.8 - F3.3, 116° - 34°
- Iris: P-iris
- Remote Varifocal Control: Focal length, manual focus adjustment, autofocus
- Low-light Sensitivity: 0 lux with IR
- IR Range: Up to ~95' (30m)
- Image Adjustments: Flip, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Exposure
- Ethernet Connection: 10/100 Mbps RJ-45
- Operating Temperature: -22℉ - 122℉ (-30℃ - +50℃)
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 100% non-condensing RH
- Power: 12VDC ± 10% or PoE (802.3af)
- Dimensions: (DxH): 5.4" x 3.8" (13.8cm x 9.7cm)
- Weight: 13.3 oz. (376.5g)
- Ingress Protection: IP66
- Compliance: FCC, IC, C-Tick, CE Class B, UL, RoHS, WEEE