The Optex FX-360 is a hardwired Passive Infrared (PIR) motion detector. It is specifically made to be ceiling mounted and to cover a 360° pattern. The mounting height will determine the diameter of the detection pattern. The higher the detector is mounted, the wider the detection area becomes. The FX-360 is an fine entry into the ceiling mounted motion category.
One of the factors that differentiates the Optex FX-360 from other ceiling mounted PIR motion detectors is its hard spherical lens. With the lens' precision design, it provides reliable protection throughout the coverage area. The FX-360 also has some impressive false alarm reduction features. It has RFI protection for 20V/m from 100MHz to 1 GHz. It also has temperature protection, with no false alarm due to environmental changes in temperature from -4℉ - +122℉ at 3℉/min (-20℃ - +50℃ at 1.7℃/min). There is also a Pulse Count setting of 2 or 4, with 4 being less sensitive and requiring more movement in the coverage area in order to signal an alarm.
The alarm circuit on the Optex FX-360 is a normally closed, Form A wired output. The contact rating for the alarm circuit is 28VDC at 200 mA maximum. The Tamper circuit is also normally closed, and its use is optional. When the tamper circuit is in use, if the cover is removed the tamper circuit opens and indicates a fault, trouble, or alarm, depending on how the zone is programmed. The alarm loop and the tamper loop can be wired in series with one another on the same zone, so that either will cause a fault, alarm, or trouble indication when faulted based on the zone's programming.
- Detection Method: Passive Infrared
- Coverage: Mounting Height 8'(2.4m) Coverage Diameter 25' (8m); Mounting Height 10' (3m) Coverage Diameter 32' (10m); Mounting Height 12' (3.6m) Coverage Diameter 40' (12m)
- Detection Zones: 62 Zones
- Sensitivity: 3℉ (1.6℃) at 2'/sec (0.6m/sec)
- Detectable Speed: 1' ~ 5'/sec (0.3m ~ 1.5m/sec)
- LED Indicator: LED blinks during ware-up period; Alarm Condition (when enabled)
- Alarm Period: 2.0 ± 0.5 seconds
- Alarm Output: N.C 28VDC 0.2A max.
- Tamper Switch: N.C. Opens when cover is removed.
- Pulse Count: 20 ± 5sec. 2 or 4
- Warm-up Period: Approximately 30 Seconds (LED Blinks)
- Power Input: 9.5 - 18VDC
- Current Draw: 17mA (normal); 18mA (Max)
- Weight: 4.90 Oz. (140g)
- Operating Temperature: -4℉ - +122℉ (-20℃ - +50℃)
- Environment Humidity: 95% Maximum
- RF Interference: No Alarm @ 20V/m
- Pet Friendly: No