Those looking for a robust and reliable smart water valve for use with a PowerG Security System can turn to the Qolsys IQ Water Valve Kit IQWV908-KIT-PG. This complete bundled kit includes both a water valve that uses a Z-Wave 700-Series communication, as well as a DSC PG9985 Flood Sensor.
The main highlight of this product is the Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve. This is a Z-Wave 700-Series water valve that can be self-installed without the need for a plumber. It is a retrofit device that installs on quarter-turn (1/4 turn) ball valve pipes ranging from one-half inch (1/2") to one and a quarter inch (1-1/4") in size. This is made possible thanks to the device's adaptive torque output that makes installation a breeze. Once the water valve has been fitted to the pipe, it is then programmed with an alarm panel as a Z-Wave device. In order to enroll the water valve with the optimal S2 security functionality, you will need to provide the first five (5) digits of the water valve's unique DSK code, which can be found on the device itself. There will be a convenient QR code that you can scan using the panel's built-in camera, or you can manually enter the code as needed. The IQ Smart Water Valve receives power from a plug-in transformer, which comes included.
One of the best things about the Qolsys IQ Water Valve is that it can be used either indoors or outdoors as needed. Just please consider that the device should not be installed in an area with direct and heavy sunlight. The communication area is quite large thanks to Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series technology. It has an approximate distance of up to 130 feet when used indoors or 450 feet when used outdoors. Keep in mind that obstacles like thick walls and large metal objects can disrupt range and cause issues in communication. Make sure to test the water valve after installation to ensure that it communicates and functions as intended. The water valve features an adaptive torque of up to eight (8) N.m, and it also offers ingress protection of IP66, making it both waterproof and dustproof. It weighs 603g (21.2 oz), can operate reliably in temperatures ranging from 14°F to 121°F (-10℃ - 49.4℃). It measures 5.8" x 3.7" x 5.2" (148mm x 96mm x 133mm) in size.
Also bundled with the kit is a DSC PowerG PG9985 Flood Sensor that enrolls with any alarm panel that supports PowerG. This includes any version of the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus or a DSC PowerSeries NEO with an added wireless PowerG Communicator. By using Z-Wave smart scenes through Alarm.com, you can create an automation that will have the Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve automatically shut off the water once the PG9985 Flood Sensor detects liquid. This can prevent potentially thousands of dollars in flood damage due to a burst pipe or other serious water leak. Both the sensor and the water valve have helpful LED lights to assist you in the installation process and in determining the current device status. Please note that the PG9985 includes both a sensor and a connected probe with a 6-foot long cord.
Water Valve Specifications
- Product Type: Smart Water Valve
- Kit Contents: Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve, Qolsys IQ Flood-S Sensor
- Communication: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series
- Range: Approx. 130 Feet Indoors or 450 Feet Outdoors
- Application: Quarter-Turn Ball Valve Pipes from 1/2" to 1-1/4"
- Maximum Force: 8 N.m
- Ingress Protection: IP66 (Waterproof & Dustproof)
- Power Supply: Plug-in Transformer - AC (110V 60Hz / 220V 50Hz), DC (12V/1A) - Barrel jack
- Weight: 603g (21.2 oz)
- Size: 5.8" x 3.7" x 5.2" (148mm x 96mm x 133mm)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 121°F (-10℃ to 49.4℃)
Flood Sensor Specifications
- Device Type: Wireless Flood Sensor
- Operating Frequency: PowerG 915 MHz
- Wireless Range: ~2,000 Feet Open Air
- Water Detection Probe: Attached w/ 6-Foot Cord
- Batteries: Single CR123A (~8 Year Life)
- Mounting Hardware: Double-Sided Foam Tape (Included)
- Dimensions: 3.1875" x 1.25" x 1.0" (81mm x 34mm x 25mm)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10℃ to 50℃)
- Weight: 53g (1.9oz)