If you need a dependable smart water valve for a system that supports 319.5 MHz and Z-Wave technology, then this Qolsys IQ Water Valve Kit is for you. Included is a smart water valve that communicates using the Z-Wave 700-Series protocol and a Qolsys IQ Flood-S QS5536-840 Sensor.
The most exciting part of this kit is the Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve. This device uses robust and powerful Z-Wave 700-Series technology, and it can be easily self-installed without the need to hire a plumber. Qolsys has created a retro-fit device that installs on most quarter-turn (1/4) turn) ball valve pipes ranging from one-half inch (1/2") to one and a quarter inch (1-1/4") in size. Because of the device's adaptive torque output that makes installation as simple as possible. After you secure the device to the pipe, you can then enroll it with your alarm panel as a Z-Wave device. It is advised that you enroll the device with the strongest possible S2 security, which is supported by most 500-Series and 700-Series Z-Wave controllers. As part of the S2 enrollment process, you will be required to provide the device's first five (5) digits of its unique DSK code. This can be located on the device itself. The device also has a convenient QR code that you can scan using the panel's built-in camera if you do not wish to manually enter the code. A plug-in transformer for power comes included with the smart water valve.
You can easily use the Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve in an indoor or outdoor environment. However, you should make sure to not install the device in an area with direct and heavy sunlight, as that could be damaging. With Z-Wave 700-Series technology, the water valve can communicate from approximately 130 feet when used indoors or 450 feet when used outdoors. Remember though that range may be disrupted due to thick walls and large metal objects. That is why it is advised that you test the water valve after installing and enrolling in order to ensure that everything works properly. The valve is rated with an adaptive torque of up to eight (8) N.m. Ingress protection is rated at IP66. The device is considered to be both waterproof and dustproof. It weighs roughly 603g (21.2 oz), and it is suitable for use in temperatures from 14°F to 121°F (-10℃ - 49.4℃). The size of the water valve is 5.8" x 3.7" x 5.2" (148mm x 96mm x 133mm).
The other component of this kit is the Qolsys IQ Flood-S, model number QS5536-840. This is a 319.5 MHz flood detection sensor that enrolls with the 319.5 MHz Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus, the original Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and Qolsys IQ Panel, as well as most Interlogix Wireless Alarm Systems. The advantage to using both the Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve and the Qolsys QS5536-840 Flood Sensor together is that you can create a Z-Wave smart scene that will automatically shut off the water once a leak is detected. This technology can prevent thousands of dollars in serious flood damage that would otherwise be the result of a burst pipe or other serious water leak. There are LED lights on both the flood sensor and the water valve to assist with installation and determining the current status.
Water Valve Specifications
- Product Type: Smart Water Valve
- Kit Contents: Qolsys IQ Smart Water Valve, Qolsys IQ Flood-S Sensor
- Communication: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series
- Range: Approx. 130 Feet Indoors or 450 Feet Outdoors
- Application: Quarter-Turn Ball Valve Pipes from 1/2" to 1-1/4"
- Maximum Force: 8 N.m
- Ingress Protection: IP66 (Waterproof & Dustproof)
- Power Supply: Plug-in Transformer - AC (110V 60Hz / 220V 50Hz), DC (12V/1A) - Barrel jack
- Weight: 603g (21.2 oz)
- Size: 5.83" x 3.78" x 5.24" (148mm x 96mm x 133mm)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 121°F (-10℃ to 49.4℃)
Flood Sensor Specifications
- Device Type: Wireless Flood Sensor
- Operating Frequency: 319.5 MHz
- Wireless Range: ~600 Nominal Feet
- Water Detection Probe: Attached w/ 6-Foot Cord
- Signal Outputs: Tamper & Tamper Restore, Alarm & Alarm Restore, Low-Battery
- Supervisory Interval: 70 Minutes
- Batteries: Two (2) Lithium CR2032 Coin Batteries
- Mounting Hardware: Double-Sided Foam Tape (Included)
- Dimensions: 2.5"L x 1"W x 0.5"D (64mm x 25mm x 13mm)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10℃ to 50℃)