The Resideo and Honeywell Home 5800SMOKEV is a wireless smoke detector, built using Honeywell's 345 MHz transmitting technology. It is a multi-criteria device that can sense smoke, fixed-temperature high heat, rate-of-rise heat, and freeze conditions when programmed to do so.
The 5800SMOKEV will replace the Honeywell 5808W3 and 5806W3 products, which have been in the 5800-series lineup for many years. It can be used with any panel that supports 5800-series, 345 MHz wireless devices, including the Lynx, Lyric, ProSeries with PROTAKEOVER Module, and the VISTA series panels, if they have an added 5800-series RF receiver. When used with Honeywell's commercial fire panels, the 5800SMOKEV supports the maintenance feature and can signify both a High Sensitivity condition and a Low Sensitivity condition when the "Smart Contact" feature is enabled.
The 5800SMOKEV has a sleek, redesigned exterior, with a smaller form factor. It manages to have a smaller footprint than its predecessors while still maintaining its ability to detect the presence of smoke, heat, and freeze conditions. It has a nominal transmitting range of 200' and is intended only for indoor use.
Resideo and Honeywell Home's newest addition to the 5800-series smoke detector lineup still has all the great features you've come to expect. It has a tamper switch in the base, so that you will know if anyone removes it from the mounting location. It is also supervised for RF check in, transmitting a signal to the alarm panel once every 60 - 70 minutes. The maximum coverage area per smoke detector is 50' x 50' (15.2m x 15.2m)
- Fixed-temperature Limit: 135℉ (57.2℃)
- Rate-of-Rise Temperature Specs: Temperature >104℉ (40℃) @15℉ (8.33℃)/Minute
- Freeze Temperature Limit: 41℉ (5℃)
- Maintenance Support: Yes
- Indoor/Outdoor Use: Indoor Use Only
- RF Supervision Interval: 60 - 70 Minutes
- LED Indicators: Two (2); One (1) Red and One (1) Yellow
- Base Tamper: Yes
- Dimensioins: 4.7" D x 2.3" H (11.9cm x 5.8cm)
- Operating Temperature: 40℉ - 100℉ (4.4℃ - 37.7℃)
- Maximum Spacing: 50' x 50' (15.2m x 15.2m)
- Agency Listings: ETL Listed to UL268 and ULCS529