Those needing a wireless tilt sensor for a 2GIG GC2e or 2GIG GC3e can turn to the 2GIG TILT1e-345. This encrypted wireless sensor is good for use on garage doors, mailbox doors, pet doors, hinged crawl space doors and more. The sensor sends out an alert upon being tilted at least 45 degrees.
The primary application of a tilt sensor is to install the device on a garage door. The sensor will go near the top of the garage door, in a vertical position when the garage door is closed. When the garage door is opened, the tilt sensor will move to a horizontal position, and the sensor will know to alert the panel. In the case of the 2GIG TILT1e-345, the sensor must be tilted at least 45 degrees before it will become triggered. It will then send a restore signal upon being returned to a position of less than 45 degrees tilted.
The 2GIG TILT1e-345 is part of the 2GIG eSeries Lineup of encrypted sensors. By using encrypted sensors, you can protect your system against wireless hacking and takeover attempts that can prevent regular non-encrypted sensors from functioning properly. Just keep in mind that the 2GIG eSeries Sensors like the 2GIG TILT1e-345 are only for the encrypted 2GIG Panels. These are the 2GIG GC2e and 2GIG GC3e. The wireless range for the 2GIG TILT1e-345 is approximately 350 feet in open air.
Although the 2GIG TILT1e-345 can technically be used inside of a mailbox, you should keep in mind that it is not certified for outdoor use. Its operating temperature is 0°F to 120°F, so make sure to take that into consideration if you are using the sensor in a colder area. The sensor includes tamper cover detection for added security. The 2GIG TILT1e-345 uses a single lithium CR2032 coin battery (included) for power. The sensor will alert the panel due to low battery trouble. Typical battery life for the sensor is five (5) to eight (8) years. Mounting hardware comes included. The 2GIG TILT1e-345 requires a GC2e to be on Firmware 1.14 or higher. Any GC3e Firmware can support the sensor.
Note: The Equipment Code used when programming the 2GIG TILT1e-345 is 2061.
- Sensor Type: Encrypted Wireless Tilt Sensor
- Compatibility: 2GIG GC2e (FW 1.14 or higher), 2GIG GC3e (Any FW)
- Wireless Range: ~350 Feet in Open Air
- Tilting Activation Angle: Minimum 45 Degrees
- Tilting Restoration Angle: Less Than 45 Degrees
- Outdoor Use: Limited
- Ingress Protection: None
- Operating Temperature: 0°F to 120°F
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 85%, Non-Condensing
- Battery: (1) Lithium CR2032 Coin Battery
- Battery Life: Five (5) to Eight (8) Years
- Features: Tamper Cover, Low Battery Monitoring
- Package Contents: 2GIG TILT1e-345 Sensor, Mounting Hardware, CR2032 Battery, Installation Manual
- Dimensions: 1.72"L x 1.09"W x 0.95"D