The Kwikset Smartcode 916 is an electronic touchscreen deadbolt with support for Z-Wave Plus. It has a keyed exterior for those users who may not want to remember a code. Available in a sleek, handsome satin nickel finish this lock is sure to complement any door. With Kwikset's SmartKey™ security it resists "bumping" and allows the user to easily rekey when necessary.
Two (2) keys are included with the Kwikset 916 Smartcode door lock. If rekeying is required, the lock is compatible with any Kwikset (KW1) or (SC1) keyway option. It features a 1" deadbolt throw with a latch that has a round corner faceplate and offers a round deadbolt strike. The latch has an adjustable backset 2 3/8" to 2 3/4" to fit all standard door preparations. Like the other Kwikset Locks we offer, the Kwikset 916 can integrate with most alarm panels that support Z-Wave technology. In many cases, codes for the lock can be pushed from the security system, and the system can be set so that unlocking the door with a matching code also disarms the security system.
The lock requires 4 AA alkaline batteries, which are included. To save battery power, the keypad will stay lit for 30 seconds of inactivity, then shut off automatically. To activate the touchscreen, press either your palm, or the back of your hand against it until the digits illuminate. The Kwikset 916 also offers a feature called SecureScreen™. When enabled, the lock will display random digits, which you must press, before you enter your code to unlock the door. This ensures that all digits will have fingerprints, so that an intruder can't brute force attack the lock by trying all combinations of the only digits with fingerprints.
With Z-Wave Plus technology built in, the Kwikset 916 will have longer battery life, and greater transmitting range than older locks with original Z-Wave hardware. You can read all about the benefits and improvements included with Z-Wave Plus here. With it's sleek, contemporary styling, the Kwikset 916 is suitable for nearly any décor. Its sturdy build and premium materials, mean it will provide you with security for many years to come.
- Input Power: 6V (4 x AA alkaline batteries, included)
- Door Prep: 2 1/8" diameter face hole & 1" diameter latch hole
- Backset: ADjustable 2 3/8" or 2 3/4" (6.03cm or 6.98cm)
- Door Thickness: 1 3/8" - 2" (3.49cm - 5.08cm) automatic adjustment
- Faceplates: 1" x 2 1/4" (2.54cm x 5.75cm) Round corner standard
- Strikes: Round corner strike 1 1/8" x 2 3/4" (2.85cm x 6.98cm)
- Latch: Round corner adjustable 2 3/8" x 2 3/4" (6.03cm x 6.98cm)
- Bolt: 1" throw, steel deadbolt
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Cylinder: SmartKey™ Security
- Operating Temperature: Exterior portion: -40℉ - 150℉ (-40℃ - +65℃) / Interior portion: 32℉ - 140℉ (0℃ - +60℃)
- Operating Humidity:Exterior: 100% condensing / Interior: 30% - 95% non-condensing