The Qolsys IQ Smart Socket-PG is a PowerG in-wall socket with two (2) controllable outlets. Swap your standard in-wall outlet to add smart control. It is compatible with the IQ Panel 4 and IQ Pro. It is also compatible with the Qolsys IQ4 NS, and the IQ4 Hub PowerG versions.
Use the IQ Smart Socket-PG as an in-wall outlet to smart control plug-in devices. Installation will require turning off the breaker and removing the existing in-wall outlet. Then wire this up to the existing 120VAC wiring and reapply power. Since this is 120VAC high voltage wiring, we do recommend seeking the services of an electrician to do the wiring.
Qolsys alarm panels communicate with Alarm.com via the app (Android or iOS) or the Alarm.com website. Alarm.com's services bring remote support for all connected devices. When adding PowerG automation to a Qolsys panel, you are providing control in multiple ways. Besides the app and the website, you can control directly from the panel. This excludes the IQ4 NS which does not have a screen.
PowerG is a proven technology that delivers long-range, encrypted, wireless signals. This has been used for wireless security sensors and wireless keypads. Now, Qolsys has incorporated this technology into automation devices. Not only can you secure that out-building, but now you can control lights and other plug-in devices. Plug your device(s) into the IQ Smart Socket-PG and setup time-based or triggered scenes. Or control them manually. The possibilities are amazing. Use of Alarm.com's smart rule builder allows for your imagination to take over.
PowerG automation has a nice selection of products. These include the IQ Lock-PG, which is available in 3 finishes of matte bronze, satin nickel, and oil-rubbed bronze. To round out the PowerG lineup, there is an IQ Switch-PG, IQ Dimmer-PG, this IQ Smart Socket-PG, an IQ Smart Plug-PG, and an IQ Outdoor Plug-PG. Build your own smart home network of PowerG automation devices.
- Device Type: Smart In-Wall Outlet
- Brand: Qolsys
- Color: White
- Tamper Resistant?: Yes
- Compatibility: Compatible with the Qolsys IQ4 NS (No Screen), IQ4 Hub, IQ Panel 4, and IQ Pro panels
- Technology: PowerG
- Input Power: 120VAC at 60Hz
- Output Load: 120VAC at 60Hz, 15A Total Max Load for both outlets
- Maximum Load: Total 1800W@120V (Resistive Load)
- Standby Power Consumption: <1W
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 2.75 x 1.7 Inches (115 x 70 x 44 mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C)
- Weight: 5.57 oz (157.8g)
- Operating Humidity: 0% – 90% non-condensing