Schlage BE489 Century
Encode WIFI Touchscreen Century Deadbolt
The Schlage BE489 WIFI Lock with Century Trim offers the convenience of a smart deadbolt with no special controller hardware required. It can connect to a standard 2.4 GHz WIFI network and offers a combination of automation with ease of use. Once connected to the network, it can be used with Schlage Home, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Alarm.com. It is not compatible with Apple HomeKit.
The Century Trim on this deadbolt lock offers a clean, modern look. It is available in one of four finishes, including Chrome, Satin Nickel, Matte Black, and Bronze. Once the lock has been added to a 2.4 GHz WIFI network using the Schlage Home app, it can be integrated with Alarm.com via a Server-to-Server integration. Once integrated, the user can control the lock remotely via the Alarm.com customer website or app, and automate the lock using Alarm.com rules. For voice control, you can integrate using Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
The BE489 takes four (4) AA Alkaline batteries. Lithium or other rechargeable batteries are not recommended, and their use can cause undesirable and unpredictable results. The lock has a low battery monitoring feature. If you have the Schlage Home app, you can keep track of battery strength via the app. There is also a low battery warning indicator located on the lock touchscreen just above the Schlage logo. If a code is entered when the battery is low, the icon will flash red. Once the low battery indicator is displayed, it is recommended that the batteries be changed immediately to prevent any issues. If the low battery icon remains lit, it means that the battery condition is critical and the lock's electronic features will not function until the batteries are changed.
This Certified Commercial Grade 1 lock can hold up to 100 separate user codes and offers a fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with a one-touch lock feature. It's guaranteed to fit standard doors (1-3/8 in. to 1-3/4 in. door thickness and 2-3/8 in. or 2-3/4 in. backset or 3.49cm to 4.44cm door thickness and 6.03cm to 6.98cm backset). It has a built-in alarm feature that can sense when someone attempts to breach the lock and notify the user via the Schlage Home app.
- ADA Compliant? Yes
- Applications: Residential single-family doors
- Backset: Universal Backset Adjusts to 2-3/8" (6.0cm) or 2-3/4" (7.0cm)
- Battery:4 AA Alkaline Batteries
- Commercial Standard Certification:ANSI/BHMA A156.36 Commercial Grade 1
- Residential Standard Certification:ANSI/BHMA A156.40-2015 Grade AAA in Security, Durability and Finish
- Door thickness range: 1-3/8 in (3.5cm) to 1-3/4 in (4.5cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 3" x 5" x 0.9" (7.62cm x 12.7cm x 2.28cm)
- Interior Dimensions: 3" x 5.5" x 2.2" (7.62cm x 13.97cm x 5.58cm)
- Keying: 5-pin tumbler, C Keyway, 1 key included
- Operating Temperature: Outside escutcheon: -31°F - +150.8°F(-35°C to 66°C),Inside escutcheon: 14°F - 120°F(-10°C to +49°C)
- WIFI Compatibility: 2.4GHz Band Only
- Codes: Pre-set, unique 6-digit programming code, two pre-set unique 4-digit access codes, 100 code capacity