How Do I Add a Schlage WIFI Lock to My Alarm.com Account?
The Schlage Encode Smart WIFI Lock (BE489) works with Alarm.com using a server-to-server integration. Once the lock is installed, it must be set up with WIFI using the Schlage Home App. Next, the same login and password for the Schlage Home App are used to log in via Alarm.com.
The Schlage Encode Smart WIFI Lock comes in two (2) trims and several different finishes. There is the Schlage BE489 Century and the Schlage BE489 Camelot. Each trim model comes in a variety of finishes including, matte black, satin nickel, bronze, and chrome. The Century trim is a more modern style, while the Camelot trim is more traditional. This is the first WIFI lock that is fully supported within the Alarm.com ecosystem. It is very popular with builders, and with DIY users who want to set up their own automated lock.
In order to integrate the Schlage Encode Smart WIFI Lock with Alarm.com, it must first be installed and then joined to the customer's WIFI network. The WIFI setup is achieved using the Schlage Home App, which is available from the Apple App Store, or the Google Play Store. Download the appropriate app and follow the onscreen instructions to set the lock up on WIFI. Be sure to remember the username and password you choose for this app, as you will use it when you integrate with Alarm.com. Refer to the lock's User Guide for information on the physical installation of the lock.
Once the Schlage BE489 has been physically installed and set up on the WIFI network, follow these steps to integrate the lock with an Alarm.com account. These instructions assume the Alarm.com account has already been created and that it has Locks enabled in Empower settings:
Enable Using the Customer Website:
- Log in. Log into the customer website using the proper Alarm.com credentials.
- Navigate to "Add Device". Go to Settings > Manage Devices > Add Device.
- Complete setup. Choose Locks > Schlage Encode, then click Next. Enter the Schlage Home App login credentials when prompted. Accept the Terms and Conditions and wait for the discovery process to complete.
Enable Using the Customer App:
- Log in. Log into the customer app using the proper Alarm.com credentials.
- Navigate to "Add Device". Click the menu icon (≡) > Add Device > Locks.
- Complete setup. Tap Schlage Encode, then tap Next. Enter the Schlage Home App login credentials. Accept the terms and conditions and wait for the discovery process to complete.
Once the integration setup has been completed, you'll be able to manually control the lock remotely using the Alarm.com app, and more importantly, you'll be able to automate the lock using Alarm.com rules.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Answered By
- Julia Ross