Skybell has updated the slim version of their award-winning HD WIFI video doorbell. The Resideo Skybell DBCAM-TRIM2 offers up to 1080P crystal clear HD live-view with 720P video recordings with full-color night vision. At just 1.44" (3.65cm) in width, its slim design allows it to better fit in the space beside a door than the original Skybell HD. It can usually be mounted in the location previously occupied by a traditional doorbell. Its integration with Resideo's Total Connect 2.0 automation and notification platform makes the Skybell DBCAM-TRIM2 the perfect complement to your security system.
Many of the features of the Resideo Skybell DBCAM-TRIM2 mirror the previously released Honeywell Skybell DBCAM-TRIM, but some of the updated features include dual-band WIFI support (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Motion Detection - AI (Human Body Detection), and IP34-rated Weather Resistance (IP34/PCBA waterproof coating, UV coating). For a full comparison between the two models, check out this comparison chart.
Like the Honeywell Skybell DBCAM-TRIM, this model offers a 180° diagonal field-of-view with PIR detection of 130° @ 10', AI. The omni-directional microphone provides clear communication between the homeowner and anyone standing near the door, and the built-in 1W 8ohm speaker inside the video doorbell ensures that a user can get their message across to any visitors. The Resideo Skybell DBCAM-TRIM2 will connect to 802.11 ac/b/b/n (2T2R) WIFI at either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, whichever network offers the best connection. 2T2R stands for two (2) transmitters, two (2) receivers. This provides fast upload and download speeds as compared to a 1T2R configuration. Fast upload speeds are particularly important when uploading video to a cloud-based service.
Speaking of cloud-based service, the Resideo Skybell DBCAM-TRIM2 is supported by Resideo's Total Connect 2.0 service. A remote service such as Total Connect 2.0 turns the Resideo Skybell Video Doorbell into an anti-theft device. Burglars often check out potential target homes by posing as a salesperson or other innocent visitor and ringing the doorbell. Once they determine no one is at home, they are then free to come back and attempt a break-in. With the Resideo Skybell, when the doorbell button is pressed, the homeowner is notified through a Total Connect 2.0 notification regardless of where they are . They can then respond by bringing up the interactive video doorbell screen, and conversing with the visitor. As far as the "visitor" knows, you're inside and simply can't come to the door at the moment.
Another great feature that works in conjunction with the newest Honeywell Home ProSeries panels such as the Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS is live-streaming to the panel. When the user is at home and the doorbell button is pressed, the notification can be sent to the ProSeries panel's touchscreen. If remote touchscreen keypads are in use, the notification can go to those as well. The homeowner can bring up an interactive session right from the panel's screen and hold a conversation with the visitor is at the door. If the system has Z-Wave locks installed, the user can even unlock the door and allow the visitor to come in without going to the door themselves. All of this can be done right from the panel screen.
- Device Type: Video Doorbell Camera
- Compatibility: Compatible with Resideo Total Connect 2.0. Up to five cameras per location.
- Camera: Color, 1.3MP
- Field of View: 180° Diagonal
- Video Quality: 480P/720P/1080P H.264 @ 10fps
- Audio: Half-Duplex, 2-Way Audio
- Night Vision: Full Color, Ultra Low Light Imager (.05 LUX)
- LEDs: Color (Software Selectable) 16 Million Color Combinations Available
- Motion Sensor: PIR detection 130° @ 10FT, AI
- Microphone: Omni-directional, Sensitivity -26 +/- 3dB
- Speaker: Built-in, 1W, 8ohm x 1
- Power: Wired / In North America - NEC Class 2 Transformer with an Output from 10 to 30 VAC, 10VA OR 12VDC Limited Power Source @ 0.5 Amps.
- Battery: Not a Backup Battery - Power regulator, 350 mAh, Low-temp Li-Polymer, non-removable
- Dimensions: 4.8"L x 1.4"W x 1.1"D (3.65 x 12.2 x 2.86 cm)
- Operating Temperature: -31℉ - 122℉ (-35℃ - +50℃)
- Operating Humidity: 10%RH ~ 80%RF (Class III Equipment)
- Weather Proofing: 1034/PCBA Waterproof Coating, UV Coating
- Bluetooth: BLE 4.2
- WIFI Connectivity: 802.11 ac/b/g/n 2T2R
- Network Chipset: Realtek RTL8822CS
- WIFI Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz