The First Alert CAMWE-WO is aka the VX3 HD outdoor video camera. It has intelligent event detection to identify people, animals, vehicles, and packages. It also features a microphone for sound detection, and a speaker for 2-way communication through the camera. New to the First Alert camera line, is an option for a Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) connection. All this included an attractive, full-featured, HD camera.
First Alert is the new name for Resideo, who used to use the Honeywell and Honeywell Home names, also. They have chosen to brand their new VX line of cameras as First Alert. This includes the VX1 doorbell and this VX3 outdoor model. They are also working on an indoor model as well, but no eta on that product.
The VX3 is an addition to the line of Resideo's HD security cameras. The VX line provides high quality video and audio for monitoring activity at your home or business. They have four (4) detection windows that can be individually configured to capture only what you need in each window. The VX3 supports the two-way audio feature. It has a built-in speaker and a microphone. Users of the app, or the Pro Series panel, can start a conversation with anyone who is within earshot of the camera. A microphone icon appears on the display for live camera viewing. Two-way audio is not supported on the customer website, only on the app or the Pro Series panel. You will always hear audio during replaying of clips while using the website, though.
The VX3 also has a built-in deterrent feature. While live viewing the VX3 on the TC2 App, or the Pro Series panel, you can select the siren icon to initiate a 93 dba siren noise and an LED spotlight. This can aid in scaring off unwanted visitors. The VX3 also features IR night vision. It can also be selected for color night vision or color on detection. Color on detection will allow the IR to handle night vision until the camera is triggered by a detection. Then the camera will automatically switch to color night mode with this option selected. Choosing constant color night mode will cause the LED light ring to constantly stay lit.
The VX3 is a Total Connect 2.0 (TC2) camera. You will need a TC2 smart video account to enroll and use it. For Alarm Grid customers, this is a Platinum (Self or Full) or Video only monitoring plan. Each VX1 will count as one (1) camera in your video package. Each video plan allows up to eight (8) cameras per package. The smart camera package will allow up to 50 clips per day, per camera.
The First Alert CAMWE-WO also has an optional back box for securely housing the wires. This helps when in-wall cabling is not an option. The First Alert CAMWE-WOBB back box is customized for the CAMWE-WO VX3 outdoor camera. It provides a clean, professional look.
- Device Type: Outdoor HD Camera
- Compatibility: Total Connect 2.0 Video Plan REQUIRED. Each VX3 counts as one camera when used with any video plan.
- Power Requirements: 12VDC/1A Power adapter and/or 802.3 af POE class 3 PD (can be used at the same time)
- Transformer length: 10ft max (3.05m)
- POE length: 300ft max (100m)
- Speaker: 1W email@example.com (low, medium, or high adjustment via app)
- Microphone: 10ft (3m)
- Camera: 2MP
- Video Resolution: 1080p Full HD w/ Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- Video Format: H.264
- Diagonal Field of View: 147°
- Ceiling Mounting Option: Yes, Flip orientation 180°
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR): Yes
- IR Night Vision: up to 23' (7m)
- Color Night Vision: up to 10ft (3m)
- Image Adjustments: Low or High Quality
- Motion Detection: Yes (up to four (4) windows) Optional AI selections to detect people, vehicles, packages, and/or animals
- Two-Way Audio: Yes
- Clip Viewing: TC2 app & website
- Privacy Feature: Yes, via the app, manual or option to "Turn on camera privacy when security is disarmed"
- Emergency/Panic: Yes, while streaming only
- Firmware Upgradeable: Yes, auto updates
- Ethernet Specs: Wireless or Hardwired (If both used, ethernet is primary)
- WIFI Specs: Dual-band, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
- Bluetooth: BLE 5.0
- Ingress Protection: IP66 (dust-proof and water resistant)
- UV Resistant: Yes
- Dimensions: 3" x 3" x 5" (76.2mm x 76.2mm x 127mm)
- Weight: 5oz (144g)
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 122°F (-40ºC to 50ºC)
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 85%, Noncondensing Relative Humidity
- Included Accessories: Mounting hardware, Mounting brackets, and Quick installation guide