The Honeywell Home PROSIXCO provides valuable carbon monoxide (CO) detection for a PROA7PLUS, PROA7PLUSC, PROA7, or PROA7C. The life-safety sensor will trigger a carbon monoxide alarm on the system upon detecting the lethal gas. This is crucial for very quickly alerting building occupants.
Carbon monoxide (CO) gas is both odorless and tasteless, and it kills hundreds of people every year in the United States alone. Excessive Carbon Monoxide is caused when gas, oil, coal, or wood burning devices don't burn their fuel efficiently. Being able to detect this gas in a timely manner is crucial, especially for households that regularly use gas furnaces and heaters to keep the home warm. There should be at least one CO detector on each floor of the home for safety purposes.
By installing and maintaining carbon monoxide sensors like the Honeywell Home PROSIXCO, you can help protect building occupants against lethal CO gas. The sensor uses electrochemical technology to quickly respond to unusually high levels of CO gas that indicate a buildup. Upon activation, the sensor will emit a Temporal 4 sound at 85 dB. One very important feature of the PROSIXCO is its One-Go-All-Go capability, which will have all other compatible life-safety devices enrolled with the ProSeries System activate at the same time. This can be crucial for ensuring that everyone in the building is alerted during an emergency situation.
The PROSIXCO uses 128-bit AES encryption for enhanced wireless protection. It is virtually impossible for others to hack or takeover wirelessly. An integrated test button allows you to test wireless transmissions to the panel. However, you will need canned CO gas if you want to test actual device function. An LED light on the sensor assists with enrollment and troubleshooting, and it also provides updated status during an alarm. The sensor uses two (2) lithium CR123A batteries for power, with an average battery life of five (5) years. The carbon monoxide sensor has a ten (10) year life-expectancy, after which it must be replaced entirely. The sensor can communicate with a ProSeries Panel from 300+ feet away in open air.
- Device Type: Encrypted Wireless Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector
- Compatibility: Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS & PROA7 ; Resideo PROA7PLUSC & PROA7C
- Carbon Monoxide Detection: Electrochemical
- Integrated Sounder: 85 dB, Temporal 4
- One-Go-All-Go: Yes
- Wireless Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Communication Range: 300+ Feet in Open Air
- Tamper Detection: Yes
- LED Light: Yes
- Test Button: Yes
- Auto-Enrollment: Yes
- Batteries: Two (2) Lithium CR123A (included)
- Battery Life: ~Five (5) Years
- Product Life Expectancy: Ten (10) Years from Date of Manufacture
- Dimensions: 5.3" Diameter x 1.65" Height
- Weight: 7.7 oz.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 95%, Non-Condensing
- Indoor/Outdoor Use: Indoor Use Only