The Honeywell Home PROSIXSMOKEV is a combination smoke and heat detector for use with the Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS. The sensor offers photoelectric smoke detection, as well as both fixed temperature and rate-of-rise heat detection. It includes an 85 dB sounder, and it supports One-Go-All-Go.
Setting up smoke detectors with your alarm system is very important. These are life-saving devices that can make a major difference in an emergency. As the PROSIXSMOKEV can be triggered by smoke or high temperatures, it responds more quickly during a fire. The smoke detector uses photoelectric technology, which means that there is a small light as well as a photo sensor inside the sensor. Smoke entering the chamber will cause the light to refract, striking the photo sensor. This tells the sensor to alert the panel of a smoke alarm.
For heat detection, the PROSIXSMOKEV utilizes both fixed temperature (135°F) and rate-of-rise (15°F rise per minute w/ temperature above 104°F) detection. The programming on the PROA7PLUS allows you to turn off one of the functions if needed. This means that if you want to use the PROSIXSMOKEV as a standalone heat detector in a kitchen, garage, or smoking area, then that is possible. It can also be used as a standalone smoke detector by disabling heat detection.
One important feature for the PROSIXSMOKEV is its One-Go-All-Go functionality. When enabled, all of the other compatible life-safety sensors programmed with the PROA7PLUS will also begin sounding once the PROSIXSMOKEV has been triggered. This will help ensure that the sound travels as far as possible and that all building occupants are alerted during an emergency. The PROSIXSMOKEV itself has a built-in 85 dB Temporal 3 sounder for this purpose.
The PROSIXSMOKEV has a dual-colored LED light that assists with enrollment and troubleshooting, and it can also be used to indicate an alarm event. The sensor offers RF supervision, tamper detection, and maintenance support using integrated drift compensation. The center of the smoke detector head is a Test Button that can be used to test signal transmissions to the panel. You will need canned smoke and a hair dryer on its max setting to test actual device function. The sensor measures 4.5" in diameter, and it is 1.7" thick. The sensor uses two (2) lithium CR123A batteries, which an average battery life of five (5) years. All signals are sent using 128-bit AES encryption. The sensor can communicate with the PROA7PLUS from more than 300 feet away in an open air environment.
- Device Type: Encrypted Wireless Smoke & Heat Detector
- Compatibility: Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS
- Communication Range: 300+ Feet in Open Air
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Smoke Detection: Photoelectric
- Heat Detection: Fixed Temperature (135°F) and Rate-of-Rise (15°F rise per minute w/ temperature above 104°F)
- One-Go-All-Go: Yes
- Sounder: 85 dB, Temporal 3
- Coverage Area: 50' x 50' Max Per NFPA 72 Requirements
- Features: Dual-Colored LED, RF Supervision, Tamper Detection, Maintenance Detection, Integrated Drift Compensation, Test Button, Auto-Enrollment, Low-Battery Detection
- Batteries: Two (2) Lithium CR123A Batteries (included)
- Battery Life: ~Five (5) Years
- Dimensions: 4.5" Diameter, 1.7" Thick
- Operating Temperature: 40°F to 100°F
- Operating Humidity: 15% to 95%, Non-Condensing
- Life Expectancy: 11 Years