The Qolsys IQ Hub is a budget-friendly system. It has a 7" touchscreen and a louder speaker. Power is provided through a barrel jack and it has a user-replaceable battery. It supports DSC 433 MHz sensors, has built-in WIFI and Bluetooth capability, AT&T LTE, and Z-Wave Plus.
The Qolsys IQ Hub has many popular alarm panel features with an easy-to-use User Interface (UI). Operating in a similar manner as a tablet, you can swipe between screens to navigate from the arming/disarming screen to the various home automation screens. As a budget-friendly system, there are a few things offered on the IQ Panel 2 Plus and IQ Panel 4 that are not available on the Qolsys IQ Hub. These features include a panel camera, support for 2-way voice, and hardwired zone inputs. The absence of these features helps Qolsys keep the price of the Qolsys IQ Hub as low as possible.
Unlike the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus and the IQ Panel 4, the IQ Hub will only support one (1) frequency for RF security sensors. Where the IQ Panel 2 Plus and IQ Panel 4 support PowerG in addition to a legacy RF frequency such as Honeywell/2GIG 345 MHz, Interlogix/Qolsys 319.5 MHz, or DSC 433 MHz. The Qolsys IQ Hub only supports one (1) of these frequencies. There are other "flavors" available including PowerG, Interlogix/GE and Qolsys, or Honeywell/2GIG, if your existing panel uses one of those manufacturer's sensors instead of the DSC 433 MHz version. The main takeaway here is that each Qolsys IQ Hub will support only one (1) RF frequency.
Support for the DSC legacy sensor lineup means the Qolsys IQ Hub is ideal for replacing an older DSC panel. Replacing the panel will provide updated features, such as support for Z-Wave home automation, and access to the Alarm.com automation and notification platform, without requiring a user to replace every wireless sensor they have. This makes updating to a new, modern alarm system easy and affordable. One thing to note here is that this IQ Hub will not support the DSC PowerG 915 MHz sensors. It will only support the DSC 433 MHz sensors.
Qolsys will offer the IQ Hub in options of Interlogix & GE/Qolsys 319.5 MHz, Honeywell / 2GIG 345 MHz, or DSC PowerG 915 MHz. This allows a user to replace an older system that still has working RF sensors. Adding all the great features of the Qolsys IQ Hub, while supporting all the wireless sensors that are still installed and working. In the past a user with wireless sensors installed had to either update to a newer panel from the same manufacturer, whether they liked the panel or not, or they had to replace every wireless sensor they had with a new version that was supported by the new panel. Even if the existing sensor still worked perfectly. Those days are now gone forever.
With the barrel connector providing power, and the end-user replaceable battery, the IQ Hub is perfect for DIYers. Between these features and the fact that the panel doesn't have any available hardwired zone inputs, a user or installer need never actually open up the panel. This prevents possible mishaps with wiring, and ensures that the panel front and back stay securely closed. This configuration is Qolsys' response to feedback about the Qolsys IQ Panel 2, and how difficult it was to close after opening.
- LCD Display: 7" LCD, 1024 x 600 Resolution, RGB 24bit
- Touchscreen Type: Capacitive glass, multi-touch
- User Codes: Up to 242, (1) Dealer, (1) Installer, (1) Admin/Master, (239) User, Guest, or Duress
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band 2.4/5G with built-in Access Point Capability
- Cellular: LTE (Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13)
- Z-Wave Plus (500 Series): Up to 152 Devices supported
- Security RF Support: Up to 128 protection zones
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for Disarming and Audio
- Flash Memory: 16GB NAND Flash
- Speaker: 2W Mono speaker
- Siren: 85dB (SPL minimum 85dB for UL985)
- Tamper: Panel + Wall Tamper
- Battery: Type 18650 - Rechargeable Lithium Polymer 2600 mAh Rated for over 24 Hours
- Dimensions: 6.1"H x 7.7"W x 1"D (155mm x 195mm x 27mm)
- Power Supply: Input 100 - 240VAC 50/60 Hz Adapter / Output 12VDC 1000mA CC. Evaluated at 120VAC for UL/cUL
- Operating Temperature: 32℉ - 120℉ (0℃ - +49℃)
- Operating System: Android 7