The Alarm.com ADC-VDB780B-W115C-BNDL is a battery-powered video doorbell kit. It includes an ADC-VDB780B wireless video doorbell. This doorbell has HD video, two-way audio, a wide viewing angle, and a rechargeable battery. It also includes an ADC-W115C smart chime. The smart chime is a 2.4GHz WIFI extender and a wireless chime for video doorbells. It is powered by a standard wall outlet. This kit allows you to put a video doorbell anywhere, as it requires no existing doorbell wire or doorbell chime.
Alarm.com has a good reputation for its complete line of video cameras. This includes a range of video doorbells. The ADC-VDB780B is the first in its line-up that does not require any existing doorbell wire. It is the second, only to the ADC-VDB770, to include video analytics. This feature can alert you to the type of object detected. The ADC-VDB780B does require on-site WIFI access to operate properly.
The ADC-VDB780B is a perfect solution if you have no existing doorbell wiring, or if your existing wiring has become damaged. It can be mounted in any location of your choice. The rechargeable battery is expected to last for up to six (6) months before it needs to be recharged. When that time comes, though, just unlatch the bottom of the doorbell mount, remove the doorbell, then pull down and separate the battery pack. Then you can charge the battery with the included micro USB cable. The actual plug-in charger is not included. You will need to provide a 5V/1.5A USB wall charger, similar to what you probably use to charge phones and tablets. A fully drained battery takes about seven (7) hours to charge completely.
The ADC-W115C smart chime is a WIFI repeater and smart chime designed to work on the Alarm.com platform. It plugs into an existing wall outlet to provide a WIFI access point for the ADC-VDB780B. It gets connected to your existing WIFI router and added to your Alarm.com account. Pair your doorbell camera with the chime, and the chime provides instant notifications when your doorbell button is pressed. Manage and customize your chime directly from your Alarm.com account. There, you can control the volume and select from a range of different chime sounds.
The ADC-VDB780B video doorbell requires an ADC-W115C smart chime and cannot operate without it. This is probably the reason this doorbell is only offered in a bundled kit with a smart chime. There is no limit to the number of Smart Chimes an Alarm.com wireless doorbell camera can ring. You can purchase additional chimes separately. If the "Send button press notifications to Alarm.com Smart Chime" feature is enabled for a particular doorbell camera on an account, then any Smart Chime connected to the same account will sound. All connected chimes will chime when that doorbell camera's button is pressed. It is recommended that no more than eight (8) Alarm.com WIFI devices be connected to a single ADC-W115C when using it as a WIFI extender. Having more than eight (8) devices connected can negatively impact performance.
A computer or smart device is required for setup. The Alarm.com account will need a service package that includes both the Doorbell Camera and Video Analytics add-ons. This is required in order to enroll the ADC-VDB780B on the account. For Alarm Grid customers, you get one (1) free doorbell with any Gold Plan (Self or Full). If you have a Platinum Plan or a Stand-alone Video Monitoring Plan, then each doorbell counts as one (1) camera. You can get a max of eight (8) cameras per video package.
ADC-VDB780B Wireless Video Doorbell Specifications:
- Device Type: Wireless Video Doorbell Camera
- Compatibility: Each ADC-VDB780B counts as one camera when used with a full video plan. A single doorbell option with Video Analytics is available for otherwise non-video customers.
- Video Resolution: 1920x1080 Full HD
- Field of View (FoV): 160° horizontal, 90° vertical, 175° diagonal
- Image Sensor: 2.12 MP - 1080p, Sony IMX323 ABR control support and MJPEG
- IR Night Vision: Yes, Range is 15 Feet (500cm)
- Low-Light Sensitivity: 0.5 lux with IR LED off
- Image Adjustments: Flip, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Exposure
- Recording Compression: H.264
- Motion Detection: Yes (through Alarm.com Video Analytics)
- Two-Way Audio: Yes
- ADC Video Analytics: Yes
- Clip Viewing: ADC app & website
- WIFI Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz
- Battery Pack Capacity: 9540 mAH nominal capacity
- Charging Requirement: 5V/1.5A charger (not provided)
- Charging Time: Up to 7 hours
- Speaker: 1W, 8Ω speaker
- Microphone: Single, omnidirectional, analog, >-40dBV/Pa
- Ingress Protection: IP66
- Included Accessories: Mounting plate, 10° tilt wedge, Battery Pack, Charging cable, Mounting screws, Mounting anchors, Installation guide
- Dimensions (W x L x D): 2.5" x 5.3" x 1.2” (6.35cm x 13.46cm x 3.05cm); mounting bracket adds 0.2” (.51 cm) to depth
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 100%, Noncondensing Relative Humidity
ADC-W115C Chime Specifications:
- Power: Standard 120VAC Wall Outlet
- WIFI Band: 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz Only
- WIFI Security: WPA2
- LED Indicators: 4
- Buttons: WPS, Reset
- Antennas: Two (2) for WIFI
- Chime: 1.5 W speaker, 77 dB
- Operating Temperature: 32℉ - 104℉ (0℃ - 40℃)
- Operating Humidity: 10% - 90% (non-condensing) RH
- Dimensions (with Antennas): 5.0" X 1.0" X 2.1" (12.7cm X 13cm X 5.4cm)
- Dimensions (without Antennas): 3.3" X 3.3" X 2.1" (8.5cm X 8.5cm X 5.4cm)