The 2GIG Edge 3-1 Wireless Kit with Verizon LTE is an alarm system starter kit for smaller homes and apartments. This bundle comes with a 2GIG Edge Alarm System with Verizon LTE, three (3) VERSA-2GIG Door and Window Sensors, One (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Sensor, and a Honeywell LT-Cable.
The main highlight of this 3-1 system kit is the 2GIG Edge Alarm Panel with built-in Verizon LTE. This is a powerful and sleek alarm control panel that offers all of the advanced features and functions that you could want. You can easily operate and control the system using its seven-inch (7") touchscreen. Users find that the 2GIG Edge has fluid and responsive controls, plus an easy-to-navigate user interface (UI) that even beginners have no issues using. This is a fantastic security system whether you are an experienced user or are using a panel for the first time.
When it comes to pairing wireless sensors with the 2GIG Edge, you have plenty of options available. In total, the system supports up to one-hundred (100) wireless zones. You can use sensors from the 2GIG 345 MHz Lineup, uni-directional (one-way) sensors from the Honeywell 5800 Lineup, and encrypted 2GIG eSeries Sensors. At this time, there is no "signature" sensor lineup associated with the 2GIG Edge, as all its sensor pairings come from backward compatibility. It's possible that this may change sometime in the future, but for now, no such indication has been made by 2GIG. Still, there are many possible options with three (3) great sensor lineups to build from, and you can certainly mix-and-match sensors as needed. This 3-1 kit includes three (3) VERSA-2GIG Door and Window Sensors and one (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Sensor to get you started. We have also bundled a Honeywell LT-Cable, making it easy for you to connect the panel with its included plug-in transformer.
This 2GIG Edge System is also ready for alarm monitoring right out of the box. It has a Verizon LTE Communicator inside that it uses for connectivity with Alarm.com. The system also has a built-in WIFI card for connecting to the internet. Alarm.com requires that cellular service be used, but internet connectivity is optional. With this in mind, you need to get a monitoring plan that includes cellular connectivity, such as an Alarm Grid Gold or Platinum Level Plan (Self or Full). Since most cellular plans also include WIFI connectivity, most users will readily connect the system with their home or business WIFI. Using both cellular and WIFI together in this way is known as dual-path monitoring. The advantage to going dual-path is that the system will remain connected even if one communication path goes down or becomes unavailable. This ensures ultimate reliability.
You should make sure that your monitoring plan includes access to the Alarm.com interactive platform. You can access Alarm.com through its website or by using the mobile app on an Android or iOS device. Upon logging into your Alarm.com account, you can arm and disarm your system, check its current status, control programmed home automation devices, view the live feed for Alarm.com Cameras, if your monitoring plan includes that service, and much more. If you don't know where to start, then consider the Alarm Grid Gold or Platinum Level Plans. Both include access to Alarm.com, with the Platinum Level Plan also including the option of video surveillance, so that you have ultimate control over your 2GIG Edge.
There are also home automation opportunities to explore with the 2GIG Edge. This is the first-ever system sold by Alarm Grid to feature Z-Wave 700-Series technology, also known as Z-Wave Plus V2. If you pair certified 700-Series devices with the Edge, you will unlock their very best wireless range, battery life, and security protocols. As of March 2021, few Z-Wave 700-Series devices have actually hit store shelves. But that is expected to change in the very near future, as developers are eager to utilize the latest and greatest technology that the Z-Wave Alliance has to offer. And like earlier iterations of Z-Wave, the Z-Wave 700-Series is fully backward compatible with existing Z-Wave technology, so you will have no trouble bringing over your old Z-Wave automation network if you have one already set up.
The 2GIG Edge also offers facial recognition arming and disarming, and disarm photos from its front panel camera, optional automatic Bluetooth disarming, four (4) configurable Smart Area Partitions, an internal glass break detector, 2-way voice capabilities, one-touch arming, panel streaming for compatible Alarm.com and Onvif S-Profile capable Cameras, an 85 dB piezo sounder, chime, voice annunciation, two (2) hardwired zones, emergency panic buttons, a wired bell output, two (2) open-collector outputs, and more. Please note that you can update the system by having patches pushed down to the panel over-the-air (OTA) from Alarm.com, or you can perform local updates using a USB drive.
- Product Type: Wireless All-In-One Alarm Panel
- Power: 14VDC, 1.7A
- Backup Battery: 2GIG-EDG-BATT Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Battery Standby Time: At Least 24 Hours
- Battery Lifespan: At Least 5 Years
- Display: 7-Inch LCD Touchscreen
- User Codes: 100
- Wireless Zones: 100
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG eSeries Encrypted Sensors, 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors, Honeywell 5800 Sensors
- Wired Zones: Two (2)
- Max Key Fobs: 32
- Max Keypads: Eight (8)
- IP Communication: Built-In WIFI (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Cellular Communication: Verizon LTE (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Partitions: Four (4) - Referred to as "Smart Areas"
- Sounder: 85 dB Piezo
- Image Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG IMAGE3
- Firmware Updates: USB & OTA from Alarm.com
- Features: Facial Recognition disarm, Bluetooth Disarming, Internal Glass Break Sensor, One-Touch Arming, Emergency Panic Buttons, Front Panel Camera, 2-Way Voice, Chime & Voice Functionality, Wired Bell Output, Two (2) Open-Collector Outputs, Alarm.com Camera Streaming from Panel
- Dimensions: 7.5"L x 5.625"W x 1.0D
- Weight: 1.39 lbs.
- Mounting Hardware: Included
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Operating Humidity: Up to 90% Non-Condensing
- Certifications: UL & cUL Listed, SIA CP-01
- SKU: 2GIG-EDG-NA-VA
Door/Window Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Surface-Mounted Contact
- Operating Frequency: 345 MHz
- Communication: Non-Encrypted Wireless
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.2"L x 1.0"W x 0.3"D
- Sensor Weight: 0.4 oz
- Magnet Dimensions: 1"L x 0.25"W x 0.25"D
- Maximum Magnet Spacing Gap: 0.5 Inches
- Magnet Type: Rare Earth N45
- Wireless Range: 500+ Feet Open Air
- Mounting Methods: Screws or Adhesive Foam Tape
- Hardwired Input: No
- Battery Type: One (1) CR2032 Coin Batteries
- Expected Battery Life: Five (5) to Eight (8) Years
- Manufacturer: VERSA
Motion Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Quad Element PIR Motion Sensor
- Compatible Systems: 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3e, 2GIG Edge
- Communication: Encrypted Wireless
- Detection Area: Up to 30 feet by 50 feet
- Sensitivity Levels: Low, Medium, High
- Pet Immunity: 55 lbs (low sensitivity), 33 lbs (medium sensitivity), None (high sensitivity)
- Wireless Range: 350 feet
- Dimensions: 3.2"L x 2.5"W x 1.9"D
- Weight: 3.7 oz
- Battery Type: CR123A