The 2GIG Edge 10-1 Wireless Kit with AT&T LTE is a great security system starter pack for a larger home or a business. This 10-1 kit includes a 2GIG Edge System with built-in AT&T LTE, ten (10) VERSA-2GIG Door and Window Sensors, One (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Sensor, and a Honeywell LT-Cable.
Like most security system kits, this one is centered around an alarm panel, which in this case is the 2GIG Edge. This is a sleek and modern alarm system that offers the convenience and ease-of-use of a wireless all-in-one panel. It also offers all of the advanced features and functions you could possibly want, and it will surely serve your home or business well for a very long time. Controlling the system is made easy with its seven-inch (7") touchscreen, fluid controls, and intuitive user interface (UI). Whether you are an experienced system user, or this is your first security system, you are sure to appreciate the accessibility and functionality of the 2GIG Edge.
Getting started with the Edge is easy. The system has 100 total wireless zones, so you have plenty of room for expansion. The supported sensor lineups include the 2GIG 345 MHz Series, the uni-directional (one-way) sensors from the Honeywell 5800 Series, and the encrypted 2GIG eSeries Sensors. Some users are a bit surprised to learn that the 2GIG Edge does not have its own signature sensor lineup, and it instead receives all of its sensor support from backwards compatibility. 2GIG has not provided any indication that they are releasing a new sensor lineup made exclusively for the Edge. But with three (3) great existing lineups, there is no shortage of devices to choose from. This 10-1 kit even helps you get started with ten (10) VERSA-2GIG Door and Window Sensors and one (1) 2GIG PIR1e Motion Detection Sensor. Also included is a Honeywell LT-Cable for easily connecting the 2GIG Edge Alarm Panel with its packaged plug-in transformer.
This complete Edge System Kit is ready to go for alarm monitoring. There is an AT&T LTE Communicator inside the system that is used for connecting it with Alarm.com, as well as a built-in WIFI card. Alarm.com requires cellular connectivity, so you will need to get a monitoring plan that includes cellular service. Some examples of compatible plans include the Gold and Platinum Level Plans from Alarm Grid (Self or Full). Setting up WIFI service is technically optional, but since most cellular plans also include WIFI, and most people already have WIFI in their homes and businesses, it's common practice to set up the 2GIG Edge on both WIFI and cellular. This is called dual-path connectivity, and it's great because the system will stay monitored even if one path goes down or becomes unavailable.
If you are shopping around for monitoring plans, then make sure to choose a plan with access to Alarm.com. This is a remote interactive platform that you can access from pretty much anywhere using a web browser or a mobile app on your smartphone. Once you are inside your Alarm.com account, you can arm and disarm your system, check its current status, control your compatible smart home devices, view the live feed for Alarm.com Cameras, and much more. This service is included with the Alarm Grid Gold and Platinum Level Plans, so those represent a great place to start if you are still exploring your options.
The 2GIG Edge is also highly impressive when it comes to smart home automation. Inside the system is a Z-Wave Plus V2 controller. You might also know this type of Z-Wave as the 700-Series. The 2GIG Edge is very first system sold by Alarm Grid to support the 700-Series of Z-Wave, and it certainly takes things to the next level. By using certified 700-Series Z-Wave devices with the 2GIG Edge, you will unlock their best wireless range, battery life, and security protection. There are not many Z-Wave 700-Series devices as of March 2021, as the technology is still very new, but it's fair to expect more to hit the market very soon. Additionally, Z-Wave 700-Series is fully compatible with existing Z-Wave technology, so you can certainly bring your existing Z-Wave automation network over to your new 2GIG Edge Alarm System if needed.
Other features supported by the 2GIG Edge include facial recognition disarming, and disarm photos from its front panel camera, optional automatic Bluetooth disarming, four (4) configurable Smart Area Partitions, an internal glass break detector, 2-way voice capabilities, one-touch arming, panel streaming for compatible Alarm.com Cameras, an 85 dB piezo sounder, chime, voice annunciation, two (2) hardwired zones, emergency panic buttons, a wired bell output, two (2) open-collector outputs, and more. Updates for the 2GIG Edge can be easily pushed down from over-the-air (OTA) from Alarm.com, or you can use a USB stick for local updates.
- Product Type: Wireless All-In-One Alarm Panel
- Power: 14VDC, 1.7A
- Backup Battery: 2GIG-EDG-BATT Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Battery Standby Time: At Least 24 Hours
- Battery Lifespan: At Least 5 Years
- Display: 7-Inch LCD Touchscreen
- User Codes: 100
- Wireless Zones: 100
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG eSeries Encrypted Sensors, 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors, Honeywell uni-directional 5800 Sensors
- Wired Zones: Two (2)
- Max Key Fobs: 32
- Max Keypads: Eight (8)
- IP Communication: Built-In WIFI (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Cellular Communication: AT&T LTE (Non-Replaceable Module)
- Interactive Platform: Alarm.com
- Automation: Z-Wave Plus V2 700-Series w/ S2 Protocol
- Partitions: Four (4) - Referred to as "Smart Areas"
- Sounder: 85 dB Piezo
- Image Sensor Compatibility: 2GIG IMAGE3
- Firmware Updates: USB & OTA from Alarm.com
- Features: Facial Recognition disarm, Bluetooth Disarming, Internal Glass Break Sensor, One-Touch Arming, Emergency Panic Buttons, Front Panel Camera, 2-Way Voice, Chime & Voice Functionality, Wired Bell Output, Two (2) Open-Collector Outputs, Alarm.com Camera Streaming from Panel
- Dimensions: 7.5"L x 5.625"W x 1.0D
- Weight: 1.39 lbs.
- Mounting Hardware: Included
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Operating Humidity: Up to 90% Non-Condensing
- Certifications: UL & cUL Listed, SIA CP-01
- SKU: 2GIG-EDG-NA-AA
Door/Window Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Surface-Mounted Contact
- Operating Frequency: 345 MHz
- Communication: Non-Encrypted Wireless
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.2"L x 1.0"W x 0.3"D
- Sensor Weight: 0.4 oz
- Magnet Dimensions: 1"L x 0.25"W x 0.25"D
- Maximum Magnet Spacing Gap: 0.5 Inches
- Magnet Type: Rare Earth N45
- Wireless Range: 500+ Feet Open Air
- Mounting Methods: Screws or Adhesive Foam Tape
- Hardwired Input: No
- Battery Type: One (1) CR2032 Coin Batteries
- Expected Battery Life: Five (5) to Eight (8) Years
- Manufacturer: VERSA
Motion Sensor Specifications
- Sensor Type: Quad Element PIR Motion Sensor
- Compatible Systems: 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3e, 2GIG Edge
- Communication: Encrypted Wireless
- Detection Area: Up to 30 feet by 50 feet
- Sensitivity Levels: Low, Medium, High
- Pet Immunity: 55 lbs (low sensitivity), 33 lbs (medium sensitivity), None (high sensitivity)
- Wireless Range: 350 feet
- Dimensions: 3.2"L x 2.5"W x 1.9"D
- Weight: 3.7 oz
- Battery Type: CR123A