The Alarm.com ADC-VDB770 is a state-of-the-art video doorbell camera designed exclusively for use with the Alarm.com platform. It offers exceptional viewing quality and video resolution, as well as an expansive viewing angle to capture more activity. It makes a great addition to any home.
Alarm.com has been known for their extensive lineup of security cameras for quite some time. They have also offered some nice video doorbells that were made in conjunction with SkyBell. But the ADC-VDB770 is special because it is the first video doorbell built specifically with Alarm.com in mind. The advanced video doorbell offers the same great features and performance as the other Alarm.com Security Cameras. It even supports the Alarm.com Video Analytics feature, which will provide you with powerful customization tools in setting up alerts from Alarm.com based on camera activity and detection.
As an Alarm.com Video Doorbell, you will get an alert from the Alarm.com App on your phone whenever someone rings the doorbell. With the press of a button, you can then go to the live full portrait video feed of the person at the door. The ADC-VDB770 supports two-way audio so you can have a real-time conversation with your guest. This way, you can direct a postal worker in placing a package or tell a door-to-door salesperson that you are not interested, all without getting up. Potential burglars will often ring the doorbell to verify whether or not someone is at home. By being able to answer from anywhere, you may well foil a potential burglary by seeming to be at home, even when you are not. The camera will also begin capturing video as soon as it detects movement based on the Video Analytics features you have set up. The ADC-VDB770 supports one (1) Video Analytics recording rule per doorbell device. It will allow for one (1) Ground Zone rule, and only people can be detected. This is perfect for catching a package thief red-handed! Please note that the camera does not have a built-in motion sensor, and it relies solely on Alarm.com Video Analytics for detecting activity.
The specifications of the Alarm.com ADC-VDB770 are nothing short of impressive. The recording quality is Full HD, with a 1440x1920 video resolution. The doorbell camera captures more activity around the home with its expansive field-of-view (FoV), which measures 150° Vertical, and 115° Horizontal. And with the camera's High Dynamic Range (HDR), recordings appear deeper and more detailed, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in the astonishingly lifelike footage. This will make it easier to verify activity that occurs in front of your door and identify individuals when needed. The camera also offers IR night vision from up to 15 feet away for capturing video footage in the dark.
By pairing the ADC-VDB770 with your Alarm.com account, you can view the live video feed of the camera, as well as any stored clips. Remember to keep the Alarm.com clip limits in consideration. Your clips can be accessed from the Alarm.com website or mobile app at your convenience. The ADC-VDB770 connects to the internet and Alarm.com by pairing with a local WIFI network. You can complete the pairing process using the simple WPS connection between your router and the doorbell camera, or by using the camera's wireless Access Point (AP). The camera uses a 2x2 antenna setup for improved WIFI range. Setup is made easy, as the doorbell camera is compatible with existing doorbell transformers rated between 16-30VAC, 10VA, or 15-30VDC, 8W minimum. The included power module is required in every installation, whether AC or DC power is being used. The doorbell camera works with both mechanical and digital chimes. It also includes a battery heater for low-temperature operation.
The ADC-VDB770 Camera comes with all the equipment you need to get started. The accessories include three (3) angled mounting wedges for positioning the doorbell camera (Brackets A, B, and C), a power module, wire connectors, a resistor for use when there is no chime, and wire extenders. If you have Alarm.com with video surveillance (e.g. an Alarm Grid Platinum Plan), then the ADC-VDB770 will count towards your total camera limit and your clip limits. Please see this FAQ for more information about Alarm.com Clip Limits. If you have Alarm.com monitoring service without true video surveillance (e.g. an Alarm Grid Gold Plan), then you will be permitted to add one (1) video doorbell device to your Alarm.com account. For the ADC-VDB770, you will be restricted to 1,200 monthly clips and 1,200 total clips. There is no way to increase these limits without upgrading to a full video monitoring plan.
There are also various accessories available for the ADC-VDB770. Check them out below:
- ADC-VDBA-COVER - Touchless Doorbell Cover that lets guests know to not touch the video doorbell. Used in conjunction with the Video Doorbell Mat.
- ADC-VDBA-MAT - Video Doorbell Mat that lets guests know to activate the camera by standing on the mat. Used in conjunction with the Touchless Doorbell Cover.
- ADC-VDBA-PSU-PD - Video Doorbell Wall Power Supply Kit that is used if there is no existing chime circuit, or if the chime circuit is incompatible. Can be used with or without a power module. Device is rated at 16 Volts DC, 1.25 Amps, or 20 Watts.
- ADC-VDBA-TC - Temperature Collar Accessory that allows the doorbell camera to be safely used in temperatures as low a -40°F. Can be used with or without the Wall Mounting Plate.
- ADC-VDBA-WP - Wall Mounting Plate that hides blemishes such as missing paint or screw holes. Goes in-between the wall and the doorbell camera. Dimensions are 5.43"L by 3.43"W.
- ADC-VDBA-WMK - Wedge Mounting Kit that includes four (4) additional mounting bracket options that are not otherwise included with the ADC-VDB770. These mounting brackets are appropriately named D, E, F, and G. You will ultimately only use one (1) mounting bracket in the final installation.
- Device Type: Video Doorbell Camera
- Compatibility: Each ADC-VDB770 counts as one camera when used with a full video plan. A single doorbell option with Video Analytics is available for otherwise non-video customers.
- Video Resolution: 1440x1920 Full HD
- Field of View (FoV): 150° Vertical, 115° Horizontal
- Image Sensor: 1/2.7" CMOS, 5 MP, 1440 X 1920
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Yes
- IR Night Vision: 15 Feet
- Low-Light Sensitivity: 0 lux w/ IR
- Image Adjustments: Flip, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Exposure
- Recording Compression: H.264
- Motion Detection: Yes (through Alarm.com Video Analytics)
- Two-Way Audio: Yes
- ADC Video Analytics: Yes
- Clip Viewing: ADC app & website
- WIFI Connectivity: Yes (Optional WPS Pairing, 2x2 Antennas)
- Access Point: Yes (used to configure WIFI in lieu of WPS)
- WIFI Specs: 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
- Power Requirements: 16-30VAC, 10VA OR 15-30VDC, 8W Minimum - Included Power Module Required
- Chime Compatibility: Mechanical & Digital Chimes
- Battery Heater: Yes (For Low-Temperature Operation)
- Ingress Protection: IPX4
- Included Accessories: Angled Mounting Wedges (Brackets A, B, and C), Power Module, Wire Connectors, Wire Extenders, 10 Watt 10 Ohm Resistor w/ 5% Tolerance
- Dimensions: 5"L x 1.7"W x 1.5"D
- Operating Temperature: -22°F to 104°F
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 95%, Noncondensing Relative Humidity