The Honeywell Home PROSIXLCDKP serves as a secondary keypad controller for a Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS Alarm Panel. This keypad is good if you want to be able to control your alarm system from a secondary location, such as by your back door or a garage door. This can be a major convenience.
As an alphanumeric LCD keypad with a numeric touchpad, the Honeywell Home PROSIXLCDKP provides basic function only. It is good for arming and disarming the system and checking current status. One-touch "Quick-Arming" is supported. The keypad also offers one-touch panic buttons for Police, Fire, and Medical. Panic keys must be pressed and held for two (2) full seconds to activate. You can set the keypad to display in English, Spanish, or French to meet the needs of your home or business. The screen displays fully written-out status, with two (2) lines of (16) characters each. You can use the keypad from up to 300 feet away from the panel in an open air environment.
The Honeywell Home PROSIXLCDKP can be mounted to a wall, or you can use the Honeywell Home PROSIXLCDDM Desk Mount to position it upright on a desk or table. The keypad offers RF supervision, and an alert will be displayed on the panel if it goes offline for any reason. For power, the PROSIXLCDKP relies on an included power adapter, and it also has a 24-hour battery pack built-in. Expected battery life for the keypad is about five (5) years. Once the backup battery can no longer store a charge, it will need to be replaced. Low-battery supervision is supported by the keypad.
Also supported by the Honeywell Home PROSIXLCDKP is tamper detection. There is no way to disable tamper. The backlit display of the keypad makes it easy to control at night or in the dark. The backlight times out after (60) seconds. You can set the backlight to Low, Medium, or High. There is also a status LED on the keypad for indicating current system status. The keypad can be auto-enrolled with a PROA7PLUS Panel. It can only be paired with one (1) panel at any given time. All communications between the panel and the keypad are sent using 128-bit AES encryption.
For communicating status, the Honeywell Home PROSIXLCDKP offers chime functionality, but it does not offer voice annunciation or spoken messages of any kind. You can toggle chime functionality ON/OFF by entering [Master Code] +  on the keypad. The keypad will produce three (3) beeps when a zone is faulted with Chime enabled. It will also produce Entry Delay and Exit Delay warning beeps and display Entry/Exit Delay Countdowns on the screen. There is no volume control for the PROSIXLCDKP. The keypad uses a Piezoelectric sounder. The keypad measures 5.75"L x 3.875"W x 1"D.
Please note that up to eight (8) total keypads can be paired with a single PROA7PLUS System. Both the PROSIXLCDKP and the PROWLTOUCH Touchscreen Keypad count towards this limit.
Note: You cannot use the PROSIXLCDKP for performing smart home automation commands or programming the system.
Note: The table below displays maximum wiring distance between the keypad and its power supply, based on wire gauge.
- Device Type: Encrypted Wireless Alphanumeric Keypad
- Compatibility: Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS
- Transformer: 9VDC, 1A (Part Number 300-07332US)
- Backup Battery: 24-Hour, 7.2V, 6x600mAh, NiMH (Part Number 300-06868)
- Battery Life: About Five (5) Years
- Display: Alphanumeric LCD w/ 32 Characters (2x16)
- Functions: Security Commands Only (e.g. Arming Disarming, Checking Status, Triggering Panics)
- One-Touch Panic Buttons: Police, Fire, Medical (Press for 2 Full Seconds to Activate)
- Backlit Keys: Yes (High, Medium, Low)
- Backlight Timer: 60 Seconds
- Language Options: English, Spanish, French
- Wireless Range: 300 Feet in Open Air
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Mounting Options: Wall-Mount or Desk Mount (PROSIXLCDDM Required)
- RF Supervision: Yes
- Low-Battery Detection: Yes
- Tamper Detection: Yes (Cannot be Disabled)
- Status LED: Yes
- Chime: Yes (Toggle ON/OFF)
- Voice: No
- Volume Control: None
- Entry/Exit Warning Beeps: Yes
- Entry/Exit Countdown: Yes
- Zone Fault Beeps: Yes
- Sounder: Piezoelectric
- Dimensions: 5.75"L x 3.875"W x 1"D
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F