The Qolsys IQ Hub is a budget-friendly system. It has a 7" touchscreen and an updated speaker. It has a user-replaceable battery and gets its power from a barrel connector. It supports Honeywell and 2GIG sensors, has built-in WIFI and Bluetooth capability, AT&T LTE, and Z-Wave Plus.
The Qolsys IQ Hub has many in-demand security features with an easy-to-use User Interface (UI). Operating much like a tablet, you can swipe between screens to navigate from the arming/disarming screen to the various home automation screens. As a budget-friendly system, there are a few things available on the IQ Panel 2 Plus and IQ Panel 4 that are not offered on the Qolsys IQ Hub. These are a panel camera, support for 2-way voice, and hardwired zone inputs. The absence of these features helps Qolsys keep the price of the Qolsys IQ Hub budget-friendly.
Unlike the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus and the IQ Panel 4, the IQ Hub will only support one (1) frequency for RF security sensors. Where the IQ Panel 2 Plus and IQ Panel 4 support PowerG in addition to a legacy RF frequency such as Honeywell/2GIG 345 MHz, Interlogix/Qolsys 319.5 MHz, or DSC 433 MHz, this Qolsys IQ Hub only supports Honeywell and/or 2GIG 345 MHz sensors. There are other "flavors" available including PowerG, Interlogix/GE and Qolsys, or DSC, if you require one of those frequencies instead of this 345 MHz version. The main takeaway here is that each Qolsys IQ Hub will support only one (1) frequency. Be sure to choose the correct one when purchasing.
Support for the Honeywell and 2GIG sensor lineup means the Qolsys IQ Hub is ideal for replacing an older one of these panels. Replacing the panel will provide updated features, such as support for Z-Wave home automation, and access to the Alarm.com automation and notification platform, without requiring a user to replace every wireless sensor they have. This makes updating to a new, modern alarm system easy and affordable. One thing to note is that the IQ Hub will not support the 2GIG eSeries encrypted sensors.
With the barrel connector providing power, and the end-user replaceable battery, the IQ Hub is perfect for DIYers. Between these two features and the fact that the panel doesn't have any available hardwired zone inputs, a user or installer need never actually open the panel up. This prevents possible mishaps with wiring, and ensures that the panel front and back stay securely closed. If a user needs support for wired zones on this panel, either the 2GIG Take-345 or the Honeywell 5800C2W wired to wireless converter module can be used.
- LCD Display: 7" LCD, 1024 x 600 Resolution, RGB 24bit
- Touchscreen Type: Capacitive glass, multi-touch
- User Codes: Up to 242, (1) Dealer, (1) Installer, (1) Admin/Master, (239) User, Guest, or Duress
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band 2.4/5G with built-in Access Point Capability
- Cellular: LTE (Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13)
- Z-Wave Plus (500 Series): Up to 152 Devices supported
- Security RF Support: Up to 128 protection zones using compatible Honeywell or 2GIG 345 MHz Sensors
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for Disarming and Audio
- Flash Memory: 16GB NAND Flash
- Speaker: 2W Mono speaker
- Siren: 85dB (SPL minimum 85dB for UL985)
- Tamper: Panel + Wall Tamper
- Battery: Type 18650 - Rechargeable Lithium Polymer 2600 mAh Rated for over 24 Hours
- Dimensions: 6.1"H x 7.7"W x 1"D (155mm x 195mm x 27mm)
- Power Supply: Input 100 - 240VAC 50/60 Hz Adapter / Output 12VDC 1000mA CC. Evaluated at 120VAC for UL/cUL
- Operating Temperature: 32℉ - 120℉ (0℃ - +49℃)
- Operating System: Android 7