Qolsys IQ Remote PowerG
Wireless Touchscreen Keypad for Qolsys Panels w/ WIFI and PowerG Technology
The Qolsys IQ Remote PowerG is a 7" wireless touchscreen keypad for use with the Qolsys IQ Panel 4, IQ4 Hub, and IQ Pro. It has both WIFI and PowerG capability. Each IQ Remote PowerG can enroll using either PowerG or WIFI. This keypad will allow the user to perform all security and automation functions.
In order to support the IQ Remote PowerG, the IQ4 Hub and the IQ Panel 4 must be on firmware version 4.3.0+. The IQ Remote PowerG has a 1024 x 600 capacitive glass touchscreen with 16GB of flash memory. It boasts two (2) microphones and a 1-Watt speaker. It also has an 85db siren for alarms. This keypad can be assigned to any one (1) partition from the main panel. It can then arm/disarm, control any automation devices enrolled, manage alerts and messages, and trigger any programmed panic alarms. This keypad also has a customizable photo frame option to display desired photos in sequence.
If you've ever had a barn or a remote building that you wished you could have a keypad in, but range prevented you from adding one, this keypad can overcome that limitation. PowerG range for the Qolsys panels is up to 4,000' (1219m) in open air. Although obstructions such as walls, and large metal objects may decrease the range somewhat, it is still more than likely the keypad will be able to reach from the remote location to the main panel, even without the use of a repeater. However, if transmitting range is an issue, the DSC PG9920 PowerG Repeater can effectively double the range when installed properly.
Enrolling the IQ Remote PowerG using the PowerG protocol will provide longer range, but it has its limitations. In order for the IQ Remote PowerG to support the viewing of video cameras, it must connect using WIFI. In order for automatic Over-the-Air firmware updates to be sent, it must also be enrolled using WIFI. It does offer an option for manual firmware update via PowerG. And, in order for it to receive and display the weather, it must also be on WIFI.
The IQ Remote PowerG can be wall-mounted, or with the purchase of the optional table stand, it can be desk mounted. It comes with a 12VDC power supply and a fixed-length power cable with a barrel jack connection. You can use a custom-length wire, but it must be 18 AWG that does not exceed 98.5 feet. Please see the installation guide for further details.
- Operating Platform: Android 7.1
- LCD Display: 7" LCD, 1024 x 600, 24bit
- Touchscreen Type: Capacitive Glass Multi-touch
- WIFI Capability: WIFI 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band 2.5/5Ghz
- PowerG: PowerG 912 - 915 MHz
- Internal Memory: 16GB Flash Memory
- Speaker: 1 Speaker, Mono @1W
- Battery: Lithium Polymer 2600mAh
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.1” x 7.7” x 1” (155mm x 195mm x 27mm)
- Power Supply: Output: 12v 1000mA CC, Input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz. Adapter evaluated at 120vAC for UL/cUL. Shenzhen Sure-Power Electrical CO LTD. Model SW-120100
- Certification: UL/cUL Residential Fire and Burglary and UL/ULC Commercial Burglary Alarm Control Unit. Compliant with standards: UL985, UL1023, UL2610, ULC-S545, ULC-S304
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Operating Relative Humidity: up to 93%, non-condensing
- Outdoor Use: Rated for INDOOR use only