How Do I Change the Battery on a Qolsys IQ Panel Alarm System?
You can change the battery on a Qolsys IQ Panel Alarm System by first removing the back plate and then removing the battery cover and old battery. Attach the new battery, and reapply the battery cover and back plate. Make sure to power down the panel before doing this to avoid system damage.
The Qolsys IQ Panel uses the Qolsys IQ Battery, which is part number QR0018-840. The backup battery will keep the system running for up to 24 hours in the event of an electrical outage. With normal use, a user can expect the battery to last for about five years before it needs to be replaced. At that point, the user can simply order a new battery and swap out the old one. You should power down the system before attempting to replace the battery.
Complete the following steps to change the backup battery on a Qolsys IQ Panel Alarm System:
1. Power down the system. From the home screen, go to Settings > Installer Code (default 1111) > Power Down > OK. This will power down the system.
2. Remove the back cover. Remove the IQ Panel from its back cover or back plate. This will allow you to access the system board. You may need to undo the set screw at the bottom of the panel.
3. Remove the battery cover. Remove the small white battery cover that keeps the battery held in place. You will need a screwdriver to do this. You can then set the battery cover aside for later.
4. Disconnect the old battery. Unplug the backup battery from the system's board. This is a thin white connector with several wires running from it. You can then remove the old battery and set it aside, possibly alongside the battery cover.
5. Apply the new battery. Take the new battery and secure it with the same plug-in connection that the old battery used.
6. Close the panel. Reapply the battery cover and back plate to close the IQ Panel.
7. Power back on. To power the IQ Panel back on, disconnect its plug-in transformer. Then wait a few seconds before plugging it back in. The two front buttons should illuminate, and the boot up process will initiate. It may take a few minutes for the system to power back on.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More