How Do I Create a MyAlarms.com Account?
You can create a MyAlarms.com account by visiting the MyAlarms.com website, selecting the option to "Create New User", providing your identifying CMS account information, and building your personal user profile. You will be required to provide an email address that you can verify.
MyAlarms.com is an interactive platform available for Alarm Grid monitored customers who receive central station monitoring service through Criticom Monitoring Services (CMS). Criticom is the official monitoring center partner of Alarm Grid. Every Alarm Grid customer who receives central station service in the United States is covered by CMS.
By accessing the MyAlarms.com platform, you can put your system on test mode, view your central station account information, and check the signal history for your system. These actions can all be completed without needing to call CMS or Alarm Grid, making things way more convenient. Overall, we strongly recommend using this great service.
Remember that you must always put your system on test mode before testing the alarm. Failure to do so could result in unnecessary dispatch and possible fines from your local authorities. Using MyAlarms.com is arguably the quickest and easiest way to put your system on test mode. More info on testing your system is available in this FAQ.
Complete the following steps to create a new MyAlarms.com account:
1. Visit the MyAlarms.com website. Go to the MyAlarms.com website. You can visit the website by clicking here.
2. Create a new user. At the bottom left of the main screen, choose the option "Create New User". You will then begin building a new account.
3. Associate with CMS profile. You will need to provide information that MyAlarms.com can use to identify your CMS account. Specifically, you will need to provide your CS# (Central Station Account Number) and your false alarm passcode. Your CS# is your own unique ID number for your CMS account. Your false alarm passcode is the verbal word or phrase that you speak to a CMS operator to let them know that everything is alright in the event that they call you regarding an alarm.
If your account is already activated, and you need your CS#, then the easiest way to get it is to call Alarm Grid at (888) 818-7728 and choose option  to be redirected to CMS. When you speak with a CMS agent, you can request your CS#. You will need to provide them with the address on your account, as well as your verbal false alarm passcode. The agent will then be able to provide you with your CS#. You can also request your CS# at the time your account is being activated. We recommend writing this number down and keeping it in a safe area. Keep in mind that you can contact CMS at any time, even outside of Alarm Grid's normal business hours of 9am to 8pm ET M-F.
You should already know your false alarm passcode. If ever you were unable to provide this verbal passphrase in the event that CMS called you, then the trained operator would be required to follow the instructions listed on your account. This is typically to contact the local authorities in your area for emergency dispatch. With that in mind, you should always remember your false alarm passcode. If you do not know your false alarm passcode, please call Alarm Grid during normal business hours for our assistance. You will be required to provide the last four (4) digits of your credit card on file for verification. When entering the Passcode to gain access to MyAlarms.com, you must type it exactly as it appears on your account. Failure to do so will result in an error message, and you will not be taken to Step 2.
4. Build your user profile. Now you will provide information for your MyAlarms.com profile. This will include your user name for logging in, your first name, your last name, your email address, and a confirmation of your email address. Remember that you will need to verify the email address, so make sure you use a valid one. The email will also be used for password recovery purposes, so please use one that you regularly have access to. Do not use a temporary email. Click the "Create" button in the bottom-right corner once you have finished.
5. Verify your email. After clicking "Create", a message should appear stating that a user was successfully created. You should then check your email for a verification email. The verification email may appear in your spam folder, so remember to check there as well. Inside the email, there will be a verification link. Clicking this link will take you to the login page for MyAlarms.com. A second email will contain your username and a temporary password. Click the verification link, and use your user name and the temporary password to log in. You will then be asked to set a permanent password. Make sure to choose a password that is secure enough to adequately protect your account, but that you can remember.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More