How Do I Create a Sensor Left Open Notification in Alarm.com?
You can create a Sensor Left Open Notification in Alarm.com by building a new notification in the Alarm.com website or mobile app. You must choose which sensor will trigger the notification, and you must set how long the sensor must remain faulted before the notification will be sent out.
Note that you can only create a Sensor Left Open Notification if you have at least one door/window contact sensor enrolled with your system. If you just recently enrolled a new door/window contact with your system, then it may take a little bit for Alarm.com to recognize that sensor. If there are no door/window contacts enrolled with your system, then you will not see the Sensor Left Open option when building the notification.
Please note that you can create a Sensor Left Open Notification through the Alarm.com website or mobile app. We will cover both processes separately, starting with the website. Complete the following steps to create a Sensor Left Open Notification using the Alarm.com website:
1. Log-in to ADC website. On a web browser, open the Alarm.com website, and log-in to your Alarm.com account. If you do not have access to Alarm.com, then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can started with Alarm Grid monitoring service for access to Alarm.com.
2. Select the notification. After you have logged-in to Alarm.com, choose the Notifications tab on the left side of the screen. Then press the New Notification button in the upper-right corner. You will then select the Sensor Left Open option under the "Standard" tab.
3. Configure the notification settings. You will now need to configure the settings for the new notification. You can choose a name for the notification at the top. Make sure the tab next to the name is enabled. Then select which sensor(s) are used in the notification. You must select at least one (1) sensor to use. Then set how long the sensor must remain open (faulted) before the notification is sent out. This option is set in minutes, and you can choose selections ranging from 1 minute to 240 minutes. You can then set the notification to be sent at all times, or you can set specific time periods in which the notification will be sent.
Finally, you will need to add one or more recipients for the notification. To do this, click on the Add Recipient button. Any recipients you have previously configured can be selected. You can also click the New button to set up a new recipient. After making all your selections, you can press the blue Save button in the bottom-right corner to finish creating the Sensor Left Open Notification. You can log-out of Alarm.com once finished.
If you would prefer to use the Alarm.com Mobile App instead, complete the following steps:
1. Log-in to the App. Open the Alarm.com Mobile App on your Android or iOS device. If you do not have the mobile app, then you can download it for free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Once you have opened the app, log-in using your Alarm.com username and password. If you cannot log-in, contact your monitoring company for help.
2. Select the notification. Click on the menu button (3 horizontal bars) in the upper-left corner. Choose the Notifications option.Then click on the + icon in the upper-right corner to begin creating a new notification. Select the Sensor Left Open option.
3. Configure the notification settings. You must now configure the notification settings. You can provide a name for the notification at the top of the screen. Check the box next to any sensor that you want to be used for notifications if the sensor is left open. Set how many minutes the sensor must remain open (faulted) before a notification will be sent. You can select a timeframe in minutes ranging from 1 to 240.You can also choose whether the notification will be sent out at all times or only during specific times.
Lastly, you must add one or more recipients for the new notification. Click on + Add Recipients. You can then choose one or more of the recipients you have already set up, and you can also add new recipients if needed. Once you have finished selecting recipients, click the Close button at the bottom to save the recipients you added to the notification. You can then complete the process by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the screen. This will finish creating the Sensor Left Open notification. You can exit the Alarm.com App when finished.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More