How Do I Record Video on My Honeywell Wireless Security Camera?
You can record video on your Honeywell Wireless Security Camera by activating its built-in microphone or motion sensor. The camera will begin recording a 30 second clip when this happens. A 30 second recording can also be manually triggered from the Total Connect 2.0 interactive service.
Any recording that is produced by a Honeywell Camera will be viewable on Total Connect 2.0 for either 7 or 30 days, depending upon the type of camera. A user can permanently save any recording for later use if they choose to do so. Otherwise, the recording will automatically disappear from the Honeywell AlarrnNet servers when it expires. The two ways to get a Honeywell Camera to start recording are by activating the camera or by manually triggering a recording from Total Connect 2.0.
To get a recording by activating the camera, complete the following steps:
1. Activate the camera. Activate either the camera's microphone by making a detectable sound or the camera's motion sensor by moving in front of the camera. If the camera detects your sound or your movement, it will begin recording a 30 second clip. If you are set up to receive notifications from Total Connect 2.0, you will receive a notification letting you know that the camera has been activated.
2. Login to Total Connect. Open the Total Connect website or the Total Connect 2.0 Mobile App on your Android or iOS device. Then login to your TC2 account. From there, you will be able to access the recording that was recorded.
3. Find the recording. Open the "Events" tab on Total Connect. The recording you made should be listed. You will be able to view the recording and download it for permanent use.
To manually activate a camera from TC2 and get the recording, complete the following steps:
1. Access Total Connect. Open either the Total Connect website or the Total Connect 2.0 Mobile App on an Android or iOS device.
2. Activate the camera. Go to the Cameras tab. Find the camera you want to start recording. Click the "Record Now" button on the camera. Total Connect will state that the recording has been requested. Press the OK button to continue.
3. View the recording. Wait a few minutes for the camera to produce the recording and send it to Total Connect. Then go to the Events tab on Total Connect. Find the listed recording. You can then view the recording and permanently save it for later if needed.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More