How Do I Turn Off Arm-Confirm on a Honeywell L5000 Alarm System?
You can turn off Arm-Confirm on a Honeywell L5000 Alarm System by accessing the Sounder Menu. This menu is found within Programming. By turning this setting OFF, the panel will no longer produce a loud sound when the system is Armed Away using a key fob or keypad. The setting must be saved.
The reason why Arm-Confirm exists is to make sure that the user knows that an Arm Away command has been successfully made when using a key fob or keypad. Many users appreciate the feature, as arming using a fob or keypad often means that you won't be able to check the panel to confirm that the command was successful. Making sure that the command was successful is important, as you need to exit the premises as soon as possible after Arming Away. But some users may find the loud Arm-Confirm tone to be annoying. That is why Honeywell made it possible to turn the feature off.
The following options are available for Arm-Confirm:
- None: Arm-Confirm tone is disabled entirely.
- All RF: Arm-Confirm tone will be produced when Arming Away using a key fob or keypad.
- RF Key Fob: Arm-Confirm tone will be produced when Arming Away using a key fob only.
- RF Keypad: Arm-Confirm tone will be produced when Arming Away using a keypad only.
There are some important considerations to keep in mind regarding the Arm-Confirm feature. For one, the feature does not go into effect when Arming Stay. It is only produced when Arming Away. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Arm-Confirm tone is not to be confused with the Exit Delay Countdown. The Arm-Confirm tone is louder, and it is only produced for a very brief moment. The Exit Delay Countdown can have its volume adjusted, and it lasts for the entire Exit Delay period.
Complete the following steps to adjust the Arm-Confirm setting on a Honeywell L5000:
1. Enter Programming. Begin from the main system screen. Select Security > More > Tools > Installer Code (default 4112) > Program. This will take you to Programming.
2. Access the Sounder Menu. Press the down arrow on the right side of the screen. Select Sounder. You will go into the Sounder Menu.
3. Change the setting. Locate the Arm-Confirm option in the bottom-right corner. By clicking on that option you can toggle the selection. Continue to the next step once the setting is set to what you want.
4. Save your changes. Click the Save button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. You can then keep pressing the return arrow in the upper-right corner of the screen until you return to the main menu. Remember to choose "Yes" when asked if you want to allow the installer to re-enter programming.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More