The Alarm.com ADC-CSVR2008P is a Commercial Stream Video Recorder. It offers support for up to 16 cameras and each camera can support up to 4MP (2688 x 1420) resolution. Some of the included features are live view, playback, clip export via USB, and archive export capabilities. It has two (2) HDMI output ports for video viewing which each support up to 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution.
The ADC-CSVR2008P is a relatively simple stream video recorder that can be used in either residential or commercial applications. For Alarm.com purposes, an SVR (Stream Video Recorder) and a CSVR (Commercial Stream Video Recorder) are equal. That means that Alarm Grid customers can use the ADC-CSVR2008P with any Platinum (Full or Self) or Video-Only Plan.
One of the most attractive features of the ADC-CSVR2008P is the fact that it offers eight (8) built-in PoE-capable RJ45 ports, right on the back of the unit. Using the included AC power cord, the CSVR2008P can support up to 120 Watts of PoE power. It uses the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard. In addition to the eight (8) PoE ports, it has one input port (marked "Client") to supply the CSVR with its internet connection. It does not support WIFI. The front of the unit has LEDs that signify a network connection, current status, and power. One (1) USB 3.0 port rounds out the front of the unit, allowing for quick local clip export. There are two (2) additional USB 3.0 ports on the back of the CSVR2008P as well as the power receptacle for the included AC power cable and an On/Off switch.
Since only eight (8) PoE ports are available on the ADC-CSVR2008P, users who want to use more than eight (8) cameras will need to attach a switch to one of the eight (8) input ports. This switch will then provide the additional ports necessary. Alarm.com recommends that the switch used be dedicated to this task, rather than being shared among other networked equipment. Aside from adding the switch, and providing power to the additional cameras, no other special configuration should be required.
Like the Alarm.com ADC-CSVR2016P, this CSVR is rack-mountable with a 1U industrial design. In addition to the AC power cable, it comes with rack mount ears and an Ethernet cable. Hardware to mount the ears to the CSVR is included, but hardware to mount the unit inside a rack is not.
The following cameras are recommended for use with the ADC-CSVR2008P:
For internal storage, each recorder supports up to 2x 3.5" HDD, SATA 6 Gb/s, with up to 16TB each. This means you can have a maximum of 32TB of video storage per CSVR. To view the video locally, a monitor is required and a mouse and keyboard are recommended. To connect the Pro Series commercial stream recorders to external monitors or TVs, the two HDMI ports on the rear can be used. These ports are mirrored and cannot be used in an "extended" monitor format. It is possible to view video locally on the monitors and through Alarm.com at the same time.
- Recording Channels: Up to 16 cameras
- Video Input: 16 channels @ up to 4MP (2688 x 1520)
- Local Display Capabilities: Live View, Playback, Clip Export, Archive Export
- Local Display Output: 2x HD Out, up to 3840 x 2160
- Local Clip Export: 1x USB 3.0 (front), 2x USB 3.0 (rear)
- Internal Storage: Up to 2x 3.5" HDD, SATA 6 Gb/s, up to 16TB each
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 14.4" x 12.5" x 1.9" (36.6cm x 31.6cm x 4.8cm)
- Operating Temperature: 32℉ - 104℉ (0℃ - +40℃)
- Compliance: FCC Class A, IC, CE, UL Listed
- Included Accessories: AC power adapter,
Ethernet cable, Rack mount ears, and Hardware
- Requirements: Power: Standard Electrical Outlet ; Network: Ethernet connection to broadband internet
- PoE Power Budget: 120 W
- Max Power Consumption: 200 W
- Ethernet Connectivity: 1x Client RJ45 10/100/1000 Mbps, 8x Camera PoE 802.3af RF45 10/100 Mbps
- Max Weight: 8.7 lbs (3.9 kg)
- Available 802.3af PoE RJ45 Ports for Cameras: 8