Wireless Outdoor Sensor for Gates, Garages, & Doors
Outdoor contact sensor compatible with most alarm systems. Ideal as a wireless gate sensor, or wireless garage sensor in cold climates. Available, In Stock... Get Yours today!
The Honeywell 5816OD is the alarm industry's first wireless outdoor sensor. You can now protect your backyard shed or barn, your detached garage, your pool gate or your perimeter fence. The 5816OD outdoor contact sensor provides waterproof (meets NEMA4X water protection) and weatherproof protection in any temperature (-40° to 150° F). You can mount the 5816OD wireless outdoor sensor on flat and curved surfaces. We recommend using strap ties or cable ties (not included) when installing the 5816OD on a round surface like a fence or gate post.
The Honeywell 5816OD has a wireless range of 200' nominal from your wireless home alarm system and if you have a large property you can use a Honeywell 5800RP wireless repeater to boost the range even further. The 5816OD sensor is supervised so that if it is out of range from your wireless alarm system, it will transmit a RF supervision loss signal. The 5816OD can be used as a simple wireless contact with the magnet or it can even be wired to an external contact and act as a wireless transmitter. Make sure to caulk around the rubber wire seal on the back of the sealing cover to preserve water protection.
The 5816OD wireless outdoor contact has an extra wide magnet gap to accommodate the unique requirements needed for outdoor protection. When installed on wood, vinyl or plastic the magnet can be up to 1 3/4" from the 5816OD contact and up to 1 1/2" when installed on metal. The 5816OD outdoor contact can even be painted so that it blends into the mounting surface. Make sure to only use paint that is recommended for plastic.
- Weather-proof and water-resistant housing. The 5816OD can withstand outdoor temperatures. Its construction allows it to work in temperatures ranging from -40ºF to 150ºF (-40º C to +66º C), (100% RH)
- Large magnet gap. Magnet gap is 1.75" on wood, vinyl, and non-metal surfaces. On steel, range should be no greater than 1.25".
- 2 AA Lithium Batteries. They are long-lasting and easy to replace.
- Built-in reed switch contact loop. Allows the 5816OD to function as a traditional, wireless sensor.
- Built-in wired closed contact loop. Gives end-users flexibility to use wired sensors. The 5816OD will convert a traditional wired sensor to communicate wirelessly with any 5800 compatible Honeywell panel.
- Tamper Switch monitors the system's cover. If someone opens it, the panel and end-user are informed.
- Screw, cable tie, and tape mountable. The 5816OD has holes in the back that will let a end-user secure the device to a wall however they see fit.
- Magnet and magnet spacer included. Should you need to raise the sensor from its mounted location, the magnets and spacers make it easy.
- Paintable plastic housing. The 5816OD can be painted to match any surface. Alarm Grid recommends the following types of paints for an end user that wishes to change the color of their unit: Krylon® "Fusion for Plastic", Rust-Oleum® "Plastic" and Dupli-Color® "Vinyl & Fabric Coating."
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.01" W x 4.25" H x 1.4" D
(51mm x 108mm x 35.6mm high off mounting surface)
- Magnet Dimensions: .89" W x 4.02" H x .92" D
(22.5mm x 102mm x 23.27mm)
- Range: 200 feet
- UL Listings: UL634, UL1023, ULC C1023, ULC-ORD-C634-86
- Moisture Resistance: NEMA 4X rated
* Based on a 10% APR with 12 months financing. APR's will vary between 10% - 30% based on credit score and various factors.