How Do I Adjust the Heat and Cool Setpoint Ranges On the ADC-T3000?
You can adjust the heat and cool setpoint ranges on the ADC-T3000 by accessing the thermostat device settings within the Alarm.com Mobile App. The thermostat has separate minimum and maximum temperature setpoints for both heating and cooling modes. Remember to apply the changes once done.
When you apply setpoints to the ADC-T3000 Thermostat, you are restricting the device so that it can only be set to a specific range of temperatures. In other words, once you apply setpoints for a mode (heating or cooling), you will not be able to adjust the thermostat to a temperature outside of the applied setpoints. For example, if your heating setpoint ranges are from 70°F to 80°F, then, when the thermostat is in its heating mode, you will be able to set the device to a temperature as low as 70°F, or as high as 80°F. You won't be able to set the thermostat to a temperature of 69°F or lower, and you also won't be able to set the thermostat to a temperature of 81°F or higher. Keep in mind that in that scenario, those restrictions would only apply when the thermostat is in its heating mode. If the thermostat was set to its cooling mode, then the restrictions would instead be determined by the cooling mode setpoints. It is always recommended to keep at least a three (3) degree difference between the heat and cool setpoints.
Complete the following steps to adjust the heating and cooling setpoint ranges on the Alam.com ADC-T3000 Thermostat:
1. Enter Alarm.com Mobile App. Open the Alarm.com Mobile App on your Android or iOS device. Login to your account if you haven't already.
2. Access Thermostat Settings. After logging in to your Alarm.com account on the mobile app, locate the Thermostat Card. In that card, press the button that looks like a right arrow, >. Then press the Settings icon, which is the picture of a gear. If multiple thermostats are in use, you will see a list, choose the correct thermostat by clicking the > icon next to its name. You will enter into Thermostat Settings.
3. Access Setpoint Settings. Look for Thermostat Lock. Click on the current value that is displayed on the screen. You will then access a menu where you can adjust the setpoint settings.
4. Adjust Heat Setpoints. You will now set the minimum and maximum setpoints for Heat Mode. These setpoints will determine the range of temperatures that can be set when the thermostat is in its Heat Mode. You will not be able to set temperatures outside this range when the thermostat is in its Heat Mode. Use the Heat Setpoint slider to adjust the acceptable range for Heat Mode.
5. Adjust Cool Setpoints. You will now set the minimum and maximum setpoints for Cool Mode. These setpoints will determine the range of temperatures that can be set when the thermostat is in its Cool Mode. You will not be able to set temperatures outside this range when the thermostat is in its Cool Mode. Use the Cool Setpoint slider to adjust the acceptable range for Heat Mode.
6. Apply the changes. Click the Apply button to apply the changes you have made. If you do not press this button, then the changes will not be saved.