How Do I Connect a Z-Wave Door Lock to My Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can connect a Z-Wave door lock to your Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by using the auto-enroll function of the panel. Once the lock has been learned-in, you will be able to use the same codes that are used to disarm the panel to unlock your door. You should then test the lock after enrolling it.
Complete the following steps to program a Z-Wave door lock to your Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Bring the door lock to the IQ Panel 2. Before attempting to install the door lock, you should bring the lock in close proximity to the panel. Having the door lock close to the panel will ensure that there is the best connection possible between the panel and the lock when conducting enrollment.
2. Clear the lock from the network. When programming a Z-Wave device, it is important to first clear it from the network. This is because a Z-Wave device must not be enrolled with any other systems before it can be learned-in with a new one. Many Z-Wave devices are paired with a network before they even leave the factory for quality control purposes.
To clear the lock from the network, start from the home screen of the IQ Panel 2. Click on the small grey bar at the top of the home screen. Then go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Installer Code (default is 1111) > Installation > Devices > Z-Wave Devices > Clear Device. The panel will automatically enter exclusion mode.
At this time, initiate the inclusion function on the lock itself. Some Z-Wave locks have an inclusion button, while other locks may require you to enter in a specific numerical sequence on the lock to perform this function. Refer to the instruction manual of the lock for information on how to do this. Once the inclusion function has been activated, the panel should display that the device has been successfully cleared from the network. Press OK to continue.
3. Pair the lock. On the Qolsys panel, select "Add Device", and then click on the "Pair" button. The IQ Panel 2 will enter inclusion mode. At this time, initiate the inclusion function on the lock. Again, refer to the instruction manual of the lock to learn how to do this.
Once the IQ Panel 2 has found the device, name the lock, and then select "Add" to save your changes.
4. Install the lock. After completing enrollment, you can then install the lock into your door. Each lock will have slightly different instructions for installation. Refer to the lock's instruction manual for more information.
5. Test the lock. On the IQ Panel 2, press the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen. The lock should be listed on the right side of the home screen. Swipe the screen to the right until you access the locks menu. Click the large green key to lock the door, and then check to make sure that the door has been locked. If the lock has been programmed properly, the door will now be locked.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More