How Do I Program an IQ Fob to a Qolsys IQ Panel 2?
You can program an IQ Fob with a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 by auto-learning it with the security panel. Once this has been done, the IQ Fob will automatically function with the system. After the IQ Fob has been auto-learned, you should make sure to test the keyfob to ensure that it is working.
Complete the following steps to program an IQ Fob with a Qolsys IQ Panel 2:
1. Access device settings. To access device settings, start from the home screen of the panel. Slide down the small grey bar at the top of the home screen. Then go to Settings > Advanced Settings > enter the installer code or the dealer code (the default codes are 1111 and 2222, respectively) > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors. You will now be at the Security Sensors screen on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2.
The following picture shows the small grey bar on the panel's home screen:
2. Auto-learn the IQ Fob. Select "Auto-Learn Sensor". The system will automatically start looking for a sensor to enroll. At this time, press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons. If enrollment was successful, the system will chime, and the serial number for the keyfob will be displayed on the screen. Press "OK".
From here, you should change the settings of the IQ Fob. Set the Sensor Type to "Keyfob". If desired, you can also change the name of the keyfob. All of the other settings should be left alone. When finished, select "Add New" at the bottom of the screen. The settings for this keyfob will be saved, and you can continue auto-enrolling other devices.
3. Go to the home screen. Click on the picture of the house at the bottom of the screen to return to the panel's home screen.
4. Test the IQ Fob. The IQ Fob can be tested by pressing the lock button once to put the system into arm stay. Pressing the lock button a second time will put the system into arm away. To disarm the panel, press the unlock button. If you want to send a panic signal, press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Alarm Control Panels
- Security Key Fobs
- Wireless Peripheral Sensors
- DIY Wireless Security Systems