How Do I Remove an Alarm Sensor from a Door or Window?
You can remove an alarm sensor from a door or window by clearing the zone from the panel and removing the sensor and magnet from the door or window. If the sensor is wired, then you will want to disconnect the wires from the sensor and remove them from the wall. The process is very easy.
Complete the following steps to remove an alarm sensor from a door or window:
1. Delete zone programming. Start by deleting the zone from the panel. This will involve accessing zone programming, locating the associated zone and deleting from the system. You will need to know your system's Installer Code to do this. The exact process will depend on which panel you are using. Please refer to your panel's instruction manual for more information on deleting a zone.
2. Disconnect and remove wires. If your sensor is hardwired, then you will need to disconnect and remove the wires. You should do this at both the sensor and the panel. If the sensor is recessed, then you will need to take it out from the door or window frame to access the wire terminals. Use a screwdriver to disconnect the wires. Then fish the wires out from the opening If you have a wireless sensor, then you can skip this step.
3. Remove the sensor. Take the sensor off the door or window frame. If the sensor is mounted using screws, then you will need a screwdriver to dismount the sensor. If the sensor is mounted using double-sided foam tape, then you can take the sensor off the adhesive and peel the tape off the frame.
4. Remove the magnet. Take the magnet off the door or window. If the magnet is mounted using screws, then you will need a screwdriver to dismount the magnet. If the magnet is mounted using double-sided foam tape, then you can take the magnet off the adhesive and peel the tape off the door or window. You can then use the sensor and magnet with a new door or window and a new security system.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Wireless Door Sensors and Window Alarm Sensors
- Door & Window Alarm Sensors
- Door Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Door Alarm Sensors
- Wired Door & Window Alarm Contacts
- Wired Recessed Door/Window Sensors
- Wired Door Alarm Sensors
- Recessed Door/Window Alarm Sensors
- Wireless Recessed Door/Window Alarm Sensors