How Do I Replace a Keyfob on a 2GIG GC3?
You can replace a keyfob on a 2GIG GC3 by first accessing keyfob programming and then finding the keyfob you want to replace.. You will then change the serial number setting to reflect the new keyfob. You must know the installer code for the GC3 system in order to complete this process.
Complete the following steps to replace a 2GIG KEY2-345 Keyfob on a 2GIG GC3:
1. Access keyfob programming. From the home screen of the 2GIG GC3, press the 2GIG button in the upper-right corner of the screen. You will then enter the installer code for the system (the default installer code is 1561). Then select System Configuration, followed by Keyfobs. You will now be in keyfob programming.
2. Locate the old keyfob. Up to 32 keyfobs can be programmed with a 2GIG GC3. Scroll through the list of keyfobs until you find the one you want to replace. Then click on it to highlight it. Then select "Edit Keyfob" at the bottom of the screen.
3. Adjust the serial number. The most important step when replacing an old keyfob on a 2GIG GC3 with a new one is to change the serial number. You will want the serial number to reflect the new keyfob so that it is properly recognized by the system. To do this, click on the serial number setting. Once you access the serial number setting, a numerical touchscreen keypad will appear on the screen so that you can edit the serial number. Press the delete character button in the bottom-left corner of the numerical keypad to erase the previous serial number. Then press the "Learn" button in the bottom-right of the numerical keypad. The GC3 will begin listening for a keyfob so that it can be auto-enrolled. Press and hold a button on the keyfob until it is recognized by the system. A message will appear, displaying the serial number for the keyfob on the screen. Click the green "Accept" button. The serial number will be changed.
4. Program the keyfob. Make any adjustments to the keyfob settings if necessary. Then hit the "Return to System Configuration" button at the top of the screen. Then hit the return arrow on the left side of the screen. The system will ask you to confirm your changes. Click the green "Save" button. The new keyfob should be programmed.
5. Test the keyfob. You can test the keyfob by attempting to use it to arm and disarm the panel. If you are able to successfully arm and disarm the system, then the new keyfob has been programmed properly.
The video below will show you how to program a 2GIG KEY2-345 Keyfob to a 2GIG GC3 system:
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More