The 2GIG CO8 is a wireless carbon monoxide detector that uses an electrochemical sensor to look for unusually high concentrations of carbon monoxide (CO) gas. Upon activation, the sensor will emit an 85 dB Temporal 4 (T4) sound, and it will alert the programmed system to trigger a CO alarm.
Carbon monoxide gas is both odorless and tasteless. Outbreaks of CO gas kill hundreds of people every year in the United States alone. Most CO-related casualties occur during the winter months, as heaters are more commonly used in homes. Monitoring for CO gas with a reliable carbon monoxide sensor like the 2GIG CO8 can prove to be a life-saving endeavor.
As a 2GIG 345 MHz Sensor, the 2GIG CO8 Carbon Monoxide Sensor is compatible with all of the 2GIG Panels, including the 2GIG GC2, 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3, and 2GIG GC3e. It can also be used with the Honeywell Lyric (Firmware Update MR3 or higher required) and the 345 MHz Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus. All of these systems allow for easy and convenient auto-enrollment to ensure that no mistakes are made when sharing the Serial Number (SN) with the panel.
The 2GIG CO8 has a 10-year useful product life, after which it must be replaced. The sensor uses two (2) alkaline AAA batteries. It's expected battery life is 10 years, so no battery replacements should be needed throughout the useful life of the sensor. The sensor has a wireless range of roughly 350 feet in an open air environment. Features for the sensor include RF supervision, tamper detection, and low-battery detection. The sensor measures 4.72"L x 4.13"W x 1.77"D and weighs 0.4 lbs.
- Device Type: Wireless Carbon Monoxide Sensor
- CO Detection: Electrochemical
- Wireless Frequency: 345 MHz
- Compatibility, 2GIG GC2, 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG GC3, 2GIG GC3e, Honeywell Lyric (MR3 or Higher), 345 MHz Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus
- Wireless Range: ~350 Feet in Open Air
- Sounder: 85 dB, Temporal 4 (T4)
- RF Supervision: Yes
- Tamper Detection: Yes
- Batteries: Two (2) Alkaline AA Batteries
- Battery Life: ~10 Years
- Sensor Life: ~10 Years
- Dimensions: 4.72"L x 4.13"W x 1.77"D
- Weight: 0.4 lbs
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Operating Humidity: 15% to 95%, Non-Condensing