The Resideo PROSIXCMBOV is a combination smoke, heat, and Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector. It uses PROSIX's 128-bit AES encrypted wireless signal. It detects smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide (CO) each using separate zones. This allows you to know exactly which life-safety threat got triggered.
When programming the PROSIXCMBOV, the smoke, heat, and CO detection functions are programmed separately. Only program the functions you desire to use. The sensor will use one zone for each function programmed into the panel. If you program all three functions, then the PROSIXCMBOV will use three (3) of the designated PROSIX Zones on the ProSeries Alarm Panel. Keep that in mind when you are planning your security system. The sensor can communicate from more than 300 feet away from the panel in open air, and it uses 128-bit AES encryption in all of its wireless communication.
For smoke detection, the PROSIXCMBOV uses photoelectric technology. This means that there is a small light inside of the sensor's smoke detection chamber. Smoke entering the chamber will cause the light to refract and activate the smoke detection portion of the sensor. The sensor also uses an infrared photodiode for flame sensing, which works by detecting low-frequency light variations caused by flickering flames. The smoke detection zone on the PROSIXCMBOV will not trigger an alarm unless either the flame sensor, heat sensor, or CO sensor is also activated. In other words, you need smoke in addition to flame, heat, or CO to trigger a smoke detection alarm.
The heat detector uses fixed temperature sensing, and it activates upon sensing a temperature of 135°F or higher. The sensor does not offer rate-of-rise detection, so keep that in mind. As we mentioned before, heat sensing can be used as a verification for a Smoke Alarm. The sensor's carbon monoxide (CO) detector works using electrochemical technology. The CO detector has a useful life-expectancy of about ten (10) years. You will need to replace the PROSIXCMBOV once the sensor reaches its end of useful life. The CO Zone on the ProSeries Panel will show a trouble condition to indicate end-of-life.
There are two (2) test buttons on the PROSIXCMBOV that can be used to test signal transmissions to the panel. But if you want to test the sensor's functionality, then you will need canned smoke, a hair dryer on its max setting, and canned CO gas. The multi-colored LED light on the PROSIXCMBOV is used to indicate current device status, and it also assists with troubleshooting, maintenance, and enrollment. The PROSIXCMBOV has built-in voice annunciation capabilities, and you can choose between English and Spanish voice by pressing and holding both test buttons for five (5) full seconds until a welcome message is announced, and then pressing Smoke Test for English, or CO Test for Spanish.
The PROSIXCMBOV has an integrated 85 dB sounder to alert building occupants to alarm events. It supports One-Go-All-Go functionality with all other programmed PROSIX life-safety sensors used with the ProSeries System, including the PROSIXSMOKEV, the PROSIXCOMBO, and the PROSIXCO. The PROSIXCMBOV will emit a Temporal 3 alarm for Smoke/Heat, and it will emit a Temporal 4 alarm for Carbon Monoxide. The test buttons can be used to temporarily silence and alarm. The sensor also offers mounting hardware for installation. The wireless sensor uses four (4) lithium 3V CR123A batteries for power, with an expected battery life of five (5) years. Other features include drift compensation for maintenance, tamper detection, RF supervision, and low-battery detection. The sensor is 6.3" in diameter, and it is 1.65" thick. It weighs 14.3 ounces.
- Device Type: Encrypted Wireless Combination Smoke, Heat, and CO Detector
- Compatibility: Honeywell Home PROA7PLUS & PROA7 ; Resideo PROA7PLUSC & PROA7C
- Communication Range: 300+ Feet in Open Air
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Smoke Detection: Photoelectric
- Flame Detection: Infrared Photodiode
- Heat Detection: Fixed Temperature Only (135°F/57°C)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection: Electrochemical
- Useful CO Sensor Life: ~10 Years
- Test/Silence Buttons: Two (Smoke/Heat and CO)
- LED Light: Multicolored for Status, Troubleshooting, Maintenance, and Enrollment
- Voice Annunciation: Yes (English or Spanish)
- Sounder: 85 dB
- Temporal Pulse Sounding: Yes (Temporal 3 for Fire; Temporal 4 for CO)
- One-Go-All-Go: Yes
- Mounting Hardware: Included
- Batteries: Four (4) Lithium 3V CR123A Batteries (Included)
- Battery Life: ~5 Years
- Low-Battery Detection: Yes
- Drift Compensation: Yes (For Maintenance)
- Tamper Detection: Yes
- RF Supervision: Yes
- Dimensions: 6.2" in Diameter, 1.99" Depth (157mm x 50mm)
- Weight: 14.3 Ounces
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C)
- Storage Temperature: 14°F to 158°F (-10°C to 70°C)
- Operating Humidity: 95% max, Non-Condensing