How Do I Change the Battery in the 5800COMBO?
You can change the battery in the 5800COMBO by first removing the device from its back plate. Then remove the four old batteries from the device. Wait 10 seconds, and install four fresh CR123A lithium batteries. Finally, reapply the device to its back cover, making sure that it is secure.
The batteries inside a 5800COMBO should last for about three to five years. When the batteries are low, the corresponding zone will be displayed on the security panel. This will let you know to change the batteries as soon as possible. Additionally, the LED light on the device will flash an amber color every ten seconds. If the batteries are not replaced within seven days, the device will begin producing a "chirp" sound every 45 seconds. The blinking LED light and the audible sound will stop after the batteries have been replaced.
Complete the following steps to change the batteries in a 5800COMBO:
1. Remove the device from its back cover. Gently press on the device while turning it counterclockwise to remove it from its back cover. This will expose the batteries so that they can be removed.
2. Remove the old batteries. Carefully take out the old batteries from the device. The batteries should then be safely disposed of.
3. Apply the new batteries. Install four new CR123A lithium batteries in the 5800COMBO. Make sure that they are all facing the proper direction.
4. Reapply the device and confirm power. Reapply the device to its back cover by pressing the back of the device to its back cover while turning the device clockwise. Make sure that the device is properly aligned with its back cover when doing this. A soft click will confirm that the device is secure. Then confirm power on the device by checking its LED light. A properly working 5800COMBO will have its LED light flash green every ten seconds.
Did you find this answer useful?
We offer alarm monitoring as low as $10 / monthClick Here to Learn More
- Smoke & Heat Detectors
- Smoke Detectors
- Wireless Smoke Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Heat Detectors
- Wireless Heat Detectors
- Battery Operated Heat Alarm Sensors
- Honeywell 5800 Heat Detectors
- Honeywell 5800 Smoke Detectors